Green Iris Filigree Choker
- Fire-polished Czech green iris glass beads: drops, 7mm, 65; rounds, 4mm, 49
- Gunmetal filigree beads, 6mm, nine
- Gunmetal daisy spacers, 3mm, 32
- Gunmetal chain, lengths: small cable, 2”, four; large cable, 1”, 1-1/2”
- Antiqued pewter links: 2-hole bar, seven; 2-to-1, two
- Gunmetal findings: headpin, 2”; medium oval jump ring; jump rings, 4mm, three; crimp beads, four; hook
- Black 7-strand beading wire, .018mm, 20” lengths, two
- Chain-nose pliers (two pairs), round-nose pliers, wire nippers, crimping pliers
ruler, bead stoppers or masking tape
- Slide glass drop, filigree bead, and glass round on headpin. Make wrapped loop. Open oval jump ring and slide it through one hole on bar link. Slide loop of dangle on jump ring and close.
- Slide beading wire though each hole in above bar link and center it. (Note: This will be the center of the necklace.) Apply masking tape over two ends on one side or tape to work surface.
- On outer strand of necklace (starting on one side of center), string round glass bead, one end of 2” chain length, drop (large end first), drop (small end first), round bead, daisy spacer, round bead, drop (large end first), drop (small end first), other end of chain, and round bead. Slide wire through one hole on bar link and repeat bead pattern. Slide on another bar link. Repeat beaded section using daisy spacers instead of chain. Slide on another bar link and repeat last beaded section. Slide crimp bead and pass wire through one of two loops on 2-to-1 link. Pass wire back through crimp bead. Repeat for other side of outer strand.
- For inner strand of necklace (starting on one side of center), string round glass bead, drop (large end first), daisy spacer, drop (small end first), filigree bead, drop (large end first), drop (small end first), and round glass bead. Slide wire through bar link and repeat pattern with three more beaded sections. Slide crimp bead, pass wire through link loop and back through crimp bead. Repeat for other side of inner strand.
- Adjust strands so that there are no spaces and strands lie curved next to each other. Pull up wire to fit and crimp crimp beads with crimping pliers. Trim excess wire.
- Open 4mm jump rings. Attach large cable chains to each side of necklace with jump rings. Close jump rings. Attach hook to 1” chain with last jump ring and close.
- 1. Adjust necklace by hooking into chain links on back. Add longer chains if needed. The necklace sits at base of neck and curves around.