Black Cat Punch Needle
- DMC White Punch Needle Fabric, 10”x10”
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: 155 (2 skeins); 310, 413, 606, 700, 701, 740, 744, 3716, 3854, blanc
- DMC Lavender (6180) Memory Thread, 10” lengths, two
- Stiffened black felt, 4-3/4”x5-1/4”
- Punch needle of choice, 3-strand, on low-loop setting
- DMC embroidery scissors
- Interlocking hoop, 7” diameter
- Clear-drying water-based glue
ruler, scissors, transfer paper, pencil, flat brush
- Print out patterns. Transfer design onto center of punch needle fabric. Position fabric in hoop.
- Following pattern, punch needle design using three strands floss, working from inside of design outwards using punch needle on low-loop setting. Trim thread ends on front and back of design.
- Remove design from hoop; trim around design leaving 1/16” border on all sides.
- For hanger, twist two 10” lengths of Lavender Memory Thread together, leaving 1/2” tail on each end. Adhere tail ends along top edges on back of design. Let dry.
- Measure and cut 4-3/4”x5-1/4” black felt rectangle. Center design on felt rectangle and adhere in place. Let dry completely before hanging.