Pillar Candles Arrangement
- FloraCraft design using Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 4"x24" rod
- The Paper Company/TPC Studio, three 12”x12” scrapbook papers: Silver Glitter Vine on Silver
- Glass votive cups, six 2"x2-1/2"
- White votive candles, six
- Live or artificial white flowers
- FloraCraft Design It Foam Cutter
- Design Master Color Tool Spray Color: Raspberry (or wedding color of choice)
- X-ACTO Products: 12" rotary paper trimmer, 12" metal ruler, 5" precision tip scissors
- Elmer's CraftBond All Purpose Glue Sticks, three
pencil, teaspoon, newspaper
- Use pencil and ruler to mark series of lines on rod at 1", 2", 3", 4", 5", and 6" intervals. Use Foam Cutter to cut rod into six slices. Set each slice (candle holder) on table to make sure it is level. Carefully trim as needed so holders sit flat.
- Position votive cup upside down on top center of 6" candle holder and carefully press into foam creating groove. Remove votive cup and use teaspoon to carve out indention. Repeat for all candle holders.
- Use rotary paper trimmer to cut handmade paper into 3", 4", 5", 6", 7", and 8"-wide strips measuring 12” long. Cut three 1/2"x12" strips.
- Apply glue stick around outside of 6" candle holder. Wrap 8"-wide paper strip around 6" candle holder, aligning bottom edges. Use 1/2"-wide paper strip to cover gap at center back of candle holder. Trim strip even with top of extended paper. Apply glue stick to top edge and inside indentation of candle holder. Press paper over top edge and into indentation. Use scissors to trim excess from bottom of indentation. Let dry. Repeat to cover remaining candle holders using strips that are 2" wider than height of candle holders. (Note: Example: Cover 5" candle holder with 7" strip; 4" candle holder with 6" strip, etc.)
- In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray candles with two light coats of Raspberry or wedding color. Let dry. Position candles in votive cups and votive cups inside candle holders.
- Arrange candle holders in circle, straight line, or curved shape, as desired. Position live or artificial flowers around candle holders to display.