Tooth Fairy Pillow
- DMC White Punch Needle Fabric, 10”x10”
- 162, 310, 602, 743, 799, 3689, blanc, ecru
- DMC: Light Gold (E3821) Light Effects Thread; 809 Pearl Cotton 5
- National Nonwovens White Blended WoolFelt: 6-3/4”x7-3/4”, two; 2”x3”
- Polyester batting
- Punch needle of choice, 3-strand, on low-loop setting
- DMC: Chenille needle, size 22; embroidery scissors
- Interlocking hoop, 7”
- Clear-drying water-based glue
ruler, scissors, straight pins, transfer paper, pencil
- Print out patterns. Transfer design onto center of punch needle fabric. Position fabric in hoop.
- Following pattern, punch needle design using three strands floss working from inside of design outward using low-loop setting. Trim thread ends on front and back of design.
- Remove design from hoop; trim around design leaving 1/4” border on all sides. Turn border under and adhere edge onto back side. Center design on 6-3/4”x7-1/4” felt rectangle and adhere into place using clear glue. Let dry.
- For pouch on pillow, fold over top edge on 2”x3” felt rectangle. With folded edge towards outside, pin pocket onto center of remaining 6-3/4”x7-3/4” felt rectangle. Using DMC 809 Pearl Cotton 5, blanket stitch around three edges, leaving top open. Secure thread on back and clip ends.
- To make pillow, pin together stitched design/felt rectangle and backing rectangle. Beginning on bottom, about 1-1/2” from edge, blanket stitch around edges leaving 3” opening at bottom. Gently stuff with polyester batting. Continue stitching to sew bottom closed. Knot thread and trim ends.