Men’s Monogrammed Tweed Scarf & Wallet
- Black polar fleece, 8”x38”
- Tweed: 8”x38”, 9” square
- Mustard-colored cotton, 8” square
- Interfacing, 9” square
- Sewing machine and thread
- C&T Publishing Lesley Riley’s TAP Transfer Artist Paper 5-sheet Pack
- Computer with Arial font and printer
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion
sharp craft scissors, ruler or measuring tape, copy paper, sewing needle and thread, iron and ironing board
- 1. Use computer to create word document of desired initials in Arial font. (Note: The center initial should be 200 font size and side initial letters 130 font size.) Print out initials on copy paper and trace back side of initials with black marker (so you now have mirror image of initials). Follow manufacturer’s instruction to trace mirror-image font of initials onto transfer paper. Transfer initials onto front side of 8”x38” tweed by measuring 3” up from bottom edge and centering largest letter.
- 2. Use sharp scissors to cut out each letter. Use thin amount of Fabric Fusion to run line around outside edges of mustard cotton square. Carefully place tweed with cut-out initials over mustard cotton, centering design. Let dry. When dry, satin stitch around edges of initials using needle with coordinating-color thread.
- 3. Position wrong sides together of black fleece rectangle and tweed scarf. Pin selvages and stitch around edges using 1/2” seam allowance.
- 4. Topstitch along edges again about 1/16” inside of first seam. Pull threads loose from tweed to fringe edges. Fringe edges to 1/2” and cut even.
- 1. Print out patterns. Transfer pattern pieces onto tweed fabric and cut out. Iron interfacing onto wrong side on one C pattern piece.
- 2. Iron A, B, and D as follows: iron top edge under 1/4”, and then 1/4” again. Topstitch along edges.
- 3. Pin wrong side of D to right side of C matching bottom edges. Baste stitch along sides using 1/8” seam allowance. Pin wrong side of A to right side of B matching bottom edges. Baste stitch along sides using 1/8” seam allowance.
- 4. Position two sides of wallet (piece A/B and piece C/D) with right sides together matching bottom edges. Stitch 1/4” seam allowance around side and bottom only, leaving top open. Clip corners; turn right side out.
- 5. Press raw edges along top edge under 1/2”. Topstitch along edges of wallet using 1/8” seam allowance.