Back-To-School Folio Card
- Cardstock: Wausau Paper White; Bazzill Basics Dandelion, Ruby Slipper, Blackbird
- Printer-weight white paper
- Black/cream gingham ribbon
- Making Memories Red Safety Pin
- Coordinating brads, four
- Colored paper clips, two
- Penny Black Inc. Stamps: Zoophabet; Kate Text Lowercase Alphabet; Scroll Pattern; Salutations (acrylic set containing diamond)
- Ink pads: Tsukineko VersaFine Onyx Black, Tsukineko VersaMagic Mango Madness; Ranger Adirondack Lemonade, Butterscotch Dye
- Tsukineko Clear Embossing Powder
- Tombow USA Markers: 055; 195; 528; 676; 723; 800; 856; 946; 947; 985
- Watercolor paints
- Ranger Inkssentials Cut ‘N Dry Foam
- ProvoCraft Coluzzle Nested File Folders Template
- ACCO Prong Fastener
- Sewing machine with black thread
- Plastic palette
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, foam tape
scissors, paper trimmer, ruler, pencil, stapler, paintbrush
- 1. Cut file folder from yellow cardstock using template. Stamp Mango Madness scrolls over front. Use piece of foam to “age” folder using Lemonade ink; repeat with clean foam and Butterscotch ink. Edge folder with black marker.
- 2. Stitch around front edge of file folder. Adhere knotted length of ribbon to front; insert mini pin. Cut backs from three brads and glue to bottom right corner as shown.
- 3. Cut 1-3/4”x5-3/4” white cardstock strip, stamp black letters and emboss with clear powder. Using photo as guide, color images with markers, applying marker to plastic palette and transferring to design with a damp brush. Mat on red and black cardstock; adhere to folder.
- 1. Cut 3”x4-1/4” “pocket” from yellow cardstock. Follow directions in Step 1 from card front. Glue ribbon along top edge. Adhere three sides of pocket to left side of folder with double-sided tape, leaving top open. Trim bottom left corner. Cut back from brad and glue to corner as shown. Clip paper clips to top edge.
- 2. Mark position of prong fastener and punch two holes as marked. Cut several 4”x5-1/2” sheets from printer-weight paper and stack. Mark hole position from holder and punch holes in paper stack. Insert prong fastener and notes. Stamp black diamonds along bottom of folder. Designer Tip: A soft pencil line will help keep diamonds aligned and will be covered during stamping.
- 3. Cut a 1/2”x1-3/4” piece from white cardstock; sponge Lemonade ink around edges. Stamp “school” with black ink. Mat on black cardstock and adhere to file tab with foam tape.
- 1. Cut two 2”x5” white cardstock pieces. Stamp black cat from Zoophabet on each piece; emboss with clear powder. Color with markers using plastic palette method.
- 2. Sew a zigzag stitch across bottom of each piece, 5/8” from bottom edge; knot and clip threads. Mat on red cardstock. Staple a ribbon tab to top of each piece. Mat on black cardstock.