Halloween Shadow Frame
- The Paper Company/TPC Studio Beyond the Page Bracket Chipboard Frame, 12”x12”
- The Paper Company/TPC Studio Papers, 12”x12”: Monster Mash Collection Spiderwebs, Candy Stripe, Trick or Treaters; White Cardstock
- The Paper Company/TPC Studio Monster Mash Collection Chipboard Sticker Sayings
- Elmer’s CraftBond Black Photo Corners
- Photograph, 4”x4”
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Metal Ruler, 5” Precision Tip Scissors
- Design Master ColorTool Flat Black Spray Color
- Adhesives: glue gun; Elmer’s CraftBond All Purpose Glue Stick, Foam Mounting Tape, Thin Small Glue Spots
pencil, ruler, newspapers, transparent tape, large paper clip
- Position frame open side up. Trace frame and opening onto cardstock. Cut out pattern, cutting 1/4” inside frame outline and 1/4” outside traced opening. Pattern will be smaller than frame; check fit and trim as needed. Cut pattern from striped paper; set aside.
- Cover well-ventilated work surface with newspaper. Spray paint all frame surfaces with two light coats Flat Black; let dry.
- Adhere striped paper inside frame using glue stick. Cut web paper 1/4” larger than opening, noting design placement. Adhere paper to back of frame with transparent tape.
- Place photo corners on photo; adhere to background with two layers of foam mounting tape. Adhere stickers using two or more layers of foam tape.
- Detail cut five kids from paper, leaving 1/8” border all around and 1/2” tab below feet. Fold tabs back. Position images on bottom inside edge. For dimension, stagger placement; trim tabs as needed. For center image, fold tab in half vertically, then fold back again so it fits down into point of frame. Adhere kids with glue spots.
- For hanger, slightly separate rounded ends of paper clip and adhere to top center back of frame with glue gun. Cut 1-1/4” paper square and adhere over glued end of clip.
- 1. Hand-cut elements from patterned paper for d.i.y. embellishments like these trick-or-treaters.