Mom's Soup & Crackers Mug
- Duncan Oh Four Bisque: Soup and Cracker Mug (29066)
- Duncan Concept Underglazes for Bisque: Light Papaya, Light Aqua, Bright Aqua, Black
- Duncan Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze
- Duncan Signature Brushes: Liner #1, Round #6, Fan Glaze #6
craft sponge, container for water, foil or foam plate for palette, pencil, clay carbon paper, painters tape, empty plastic container
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove dust.
- Print out pattern. Trace pattern on tracing sheet.
- Place clay carbon sheet on mug with pattern on top. Use pencil to trace over pattern, transferring design onto mug. Continue with flowers around piece as shown.
- Tear 3” strip of painter’s tape and lay across top area where the cracker section joins cup.
- Pour Light Aqua into empty plastic container and add small amount of water until color reaches heavy cream consistency. Pour into mug; rotate and swirl mug to coat entire inside with color. Pour out any excess glaze; wipe away drips with damp sponge. Repeat with cracker holder. Using same color, paint outer petals of flowers with three coats, using round. Brush three coats onto handle.
- Use round to brush three coats of Bright Aqua onto inner petals of each flower. Load liner with Light Papaya and apply three coats on flower centers. Use liner to brush three coats of Black onto M’s. Paint a fine line of Black around flower petals with liner. Dip end of liner into Black and make small dots inside flower centers. Dip end of fan glaze handle into Black and make larger dots randomly around mug. Let dry.
- Using fan glaze, brush two coats of Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze onto entire mug, including bottom. Let dry completely.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to cone 06.
- 1. When creating dots with end of brush, make practice dot on paper towel to test desired size.