Autumn Clay Wreath & Spoon Rest
- Grapevine twig wreath, 12” diameter
- Polyform Premo! Accents Clay: Bronze, Copper, Antique Gold, Gold
- Floral wire
- Polyform Sculpey: Clay Conditioning Machine, Super Slicer Blade, Style and Detail Tool
- Large heart cookie cutter
- Large texture stamp of choice
- Dark grey acrylic paint
- Pigment powders: gold, copper, bronze, green
- Polyester fiberfill, small amount
- Baking sheet and oven
- Heavy-duty craft glue or hot glue gun and sticks
spray bottle of water, copy paper, damp paper towel
- For each leaf, roll out sheet of clay on setting #1 on Clay Conditioning Machine; repeat and roll out again on setting #2 to create slightly thinner sheet of clay. Use heart cookie cutter to cut out heart shape. See Photo 1.
- Lightly spray large texture stamp with water; stamp clay. See Photo 2.
- Use blunt end of Style and Detail tool to draw center and vein lines on leaf. See Photo 3.
- Use Super Slicer to cut small pieces from both sides of leaf. See Photo 4.
- Working on sheet of copy paper, apply small amounts of pigment powders to leaves using fingertips to blend. (Note: The entire surface should not be covered; use powders as highlight.) See Photo 5. Pinch together top center of leaf to create lifelike shape. See Photo 6.
- Roll 2”-long skinny snake or same-color clay; cut down center on one end. Slide sliced section on either side of pinched area on leaf; press together creating stem. See Photo 7.
- Roll small amount of fiberfill into cylinder shape and divide in half; position each half under side of leaf to support curve in clay when baking. See Photo 8.
- Position copy paper with leaf on baking sheet and follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven. (Note: The fiberfill will not burn but might expand slightly.) Let cool. Repeat Steps 1-8 to create other leaves from other clay colors.
- Once leaves are cool, antique surface using acrylic paint. Paint entire surface of leaf and quickly wipe excess with damp paper towel. Let dry. See Photos 9 and 10.
- For berries, roll 3” Gold clay logs and pea-sized Gold balls. Press balls on logs. Use Style and Detail tool to add indentation on berries. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake berries in oven. Let cool.
- Attach leaves and berries on wreath using florist wire; spot glue using craft glue or hot glue gun.
- For spoon rest, follow Steps 1-9 to create additional leaf.