- Wide-mouth quart mason jar
- Gold wide mouth jar band
- Forster Woodsies Tag: small rectangle, 1"x1-1/2"
- Plaid paper: blue, 4-1/2"x12"; red, 3-3/4"x12"
- Cork sheet, 1/16" thick, 3"x12-7/8"
- Assorted school buttons and miniatures: chalkboard, school bag, crayon box, spelling test
- Specialty fibers, 20" length of each: blue, red
- DecoArt Oak Gel Stain
- DecoArt Americana Lamp Black Acrylic Paint
- Button shank remover
- ZIG Memory System Millenium Marker: Black, size 03
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Remove jar band; basecoat Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Adhere blue paper strip around jar, red paper strip to blue strip, and cork rectangle to red strip.
- Use button shank remover to cut shanks from buttons. Randomly adhere buttons and miniatures to jar.
- Apply stain to tag; wipe excess and let dry. Use marker to write teacher's name or message on tag. Wrap fibers around jar neck; thread tag onto strand and tie knot. Screw band onto jar.