Tropical Happy Birthday Card
- Cardstock: white, lilac, avocado green, golden yellow
- Bazzill Basics Paper Paper Leaves Branch
- Colorbok/TPC Studio Jewels: Bon Voyage Collection, Happy Spring Collection
- Jute twine
- Stamps: Avocado Arts April 2011 Sew Nice Stamp Set, birthday sentiment
- Ink Pads: Stampin' Up! Classic Summer Starfruit; Ranger Archival Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Peeled Paint; Quick Quotes Powder Puff Verry Berry Chalk
- Ranger Liquid Pearls Dimensional Pearlescent Paints: Orchid, Copper
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots, liquid glue
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, fine-tip tweezers, small hole punch
- Make white 5-1/2"x4"top-fold card.
- Cut smaller yellow cardstock panel; randomly stamp panel with Summer Starfruit outline flowers. Adhere panel to card.
- Punch small half-circle along fold, 1" from top left corner. Thread twine through hole and around card front; tie bow near fold.
- Stamp black sentiment onto white cardstock; trim to 3-1/4"x1". Cut 3-3/4"x1-1/2" green strip and 3-7/8"x1-5/8" lilac strip. Ink edges of green strip Peeled Paint. Center and adhere strips together; adhere to center right side of card front with foam squares. Adhere three lilac gems to end of sentiment strip.
- Ink back of outline flower stamp with Summer Starfruit ink; stamp onto yellow cardstock. Clean stamp. Repeat with chalk ink on lilac cardstock. Clean stamp. Overstamp colored background images with black outline flowers. Detail cut flowers, leaving narrow cardstock border visible.
- Apply dimensional paint to flower centers; use tweezers to set coordinating gems into wet paint. Let dry completely.
- Adhere flowers to card with foam squares. Tear three leaves from one branch. Apply glue to leaf ends and tuck behind flowers; let dry.
- 1. Close-cut clear stamps provide two looks in one. Ink the raised image to stamp an outline; ink the solid back side of the stamp to create a colored background. Use stamps on other surfaces, too, like felt!