Bluework Floral Pillow
- Crocheted-edge pillow sham (or style of choice), 16” square
- Blue braid, 1-3/4 yds.
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Dark Lavender Blue (#3838)
- Blue sewing thread
- Embroidery needles: size 3, size 9
- Prym-Dritz Fray Check
- Chain Stitch: >2 strands
- French Knot: >2 strands, wrapped two times
- Split Stitch: >2 strands
- Stem Stitch: >2 strands
- Straight Stitch: >2 strands
scissors, transfer paper
- Print and cut out pattern; transfer design.
- Use two strands floss to stitch design as follows. Straight stitch lines inside bud, flowers, and small lines in leaves. Stem stitch outside of small leaves, inside lines of large leaves, and all stems. Split stitch outside of flowers and buds. Chain stitch outside of large leaves. Make French knot flower centers.
- Cut trim lengths to fit each side of pillow front, using photo as guide. Apply non-fray solution to trim ends. Sew trim to pillow.