Uncle Sam Hat Bank
- Recycled oatmeal container, 7” tall
- Construction paper, 12”x18”: blue, white, red
- Craft foam, 9”x12”: red, white
- Scribbles 3-D Iridescent Silver Paint
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Glue stick
scissors, ruler, pencil, craft knife
- Print out patterns. Cut lid, brim, star, hat strip, and hat stripes from construction paper or craft foam as indicated on patterns. Adults, help kids when using craft knife to cut slit in lid.
- Measure and use glue stick to adhere red construction paper around oatmeal container. Let dry. Adhere blue strip and white stripes around container using glue stick. Let dry.
- Adhere stars on blue strip area using tacky glue. Let dry. Outline each star with Iridescent Silver paint marker. Let dry.
- Adhere brim of hat on bottom of container. Let dry.