Americana Pride Button Necklace
- Bead Avenue Black Cotton Braiding Cord, 40” lengths, three
- Round and star buttons, 24 total: red, white, blue
- Cut three 40”-long cord lengths. Make 1” loop on one end of one cord. Knot all three cord lengths together.
- Working on one cord at a time, make knot about 4-1/2” from loop. String button on cord and make second knot. Continue knot, button, knot, pattern until there are eight buttons and 16 knots. (Note: Knots should be about 1-1/4 apart.)
- On second cord length, make first knot about 5” from loop and continue knot, button, knot pattern. Repeat process on third cord length making first knot about 5-1/2” from loop.
- Hold loop end with one hand and three loose ends with other. Stagger cord lengths so buttons don’t touch. Knot cord ends together about 2” from end.
- Using one loose end, string 1” button and knot under button. Trim ends.
- 1. If you have trouble threading cord through buttons, wrap a small piece of masking tape around end and cut into point.
Americana Pride Button