Summer Fun Visors
- Foam visor
- Wooden shapes, in various sizes
- Toner Plastics Soft Touch Fun Wire, 24-gauge
- Craft foam: white, orange, green, yellow
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Paint: Licorice, Lipstick, Patina, Pumpkin, School Bus Yellow, Teddy Bear Brown, Wicker White
- Aleene’s Liquid Fusion or craft foam glue
foam plate, container of water, paper towels, scissors, black marker, paintbrush, clothespin
- Print out full-size patterns. Cut shapes from craft foam sheets.
- Use wooden shapes to form ladybug, bee, and butterfly shapes. For ladybugs, paint ovals (bodies) Lipstick and small circles (spots and head) Licorice. For bees, paint large teardrops (bodies) School Bus Yellow and two large circles (wings) Wicker White. For butterflies, paint two large hearts (wings) Patina, large teardrop (bodies) Teddy Bear Brown, round beads (heads) Teddy Bear Brown, and small flat shapes (butterfly designs) Pumpkin and School Bus Yellow. Let dry. Add Licorice stripes on bee’s bodies and one stripe down center of ladybug bodies. Let dry.
- For each bug, cut two 1” lengths of wire. Curl wire ends. Glue wire ends on head on each bug (for antennae).
- Using photo as guide, glue ladybugs, bees, and butterfly shapes together.
- Glue craft foam flowers on visors. Glue ladybug, bee, or butterfly on visors. Let dry.
- Use black marker to dot eyes on butterflies and bees. Use end of paintbrush handle to dot ladybug eyes Wicker White. Let dry. Add details on visors using black marker.