Chocolate Bunny on Wheels
- Staedtler FIMO Effect, 56g blocks: one each: light pink, mint, vanilla, white; two: caramel
- Ribbon, 12” length
- Wooden dowel, 1/4”-wide, two 3” lengths
- Sculpting tools
- Parchment paper
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Eclectic Products E-6000 glue
masking tape, black permanent marker, stylus or pencil
- Roll two pieces of parchment paper into egg shapes measuring 3” long (body) and 2” long (head). Wrap shapes with masking tape, creating smooth surface, joining pieces at neck. See Step 1.
- Roll caramel clay to 1/8” thick and cover body shape. Smooth edges and blend together. See Step 2. Roll triangle shape (ears), two logs (front legs), and two drumstick shapes (back legs). Press ears on top of head and legs on body. Add small teardrop tail on back of body. Smooth surface with fingers. See Step 3.
- Use sculpting tools to add indent on center of ears and add separation down ears. Add “hair” lines on bunny for fur. See Step 4.
- Roll mint clay to 1/8” thickness and cover and press with textured dish towel. Roll over cloth to leave texture imprint in clay. See Step 5. Cut 1/4” strip of mint clay (for ribbon). Loop ribbon around stylus or pencil tip to create loops. Roll two large vanilla balls (eyes) and flattened light pink triangle (nose). Press eyes and nose on face. Wrap ribbon around neck. See Step 6.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake bunny on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Adjust bunny so it stands before baking. Let cool.
- For cart, roll vanilla clay into 1/4” thickness and flatten. Cut 3”x3-1/2” square. Roll four 1”x1” squares for dowel axles and flatten. Press axle holders on bottom of square cart; insert dowel through holders, creating looped area. For wheels, roll four 1/4”-thick mint circles; flatten. Roll thin vanilla circles, slightly smaller than wheels, and press on sides (for hubcaps). Use dowel to create hole on center of each wheel. See Step 7. Roll four tiny mint clay balls to fit inside wheel holes. See Step 8.
- Bake cart in oven following manufacturer’s instructions. Let cool.
- Glue wheels onto each end of dowel axles, leaving small space on end for mint balls. Glue mint balls on axle ends. Let dry. See Step 9.
- Use black marker to add pupil on centers of eyes. See Step 10.
- Cut 12” ribbon length and tie small bow on one end. Glue bow end on front of cart.