Summer Days Punch Needle
- DMC White Punch Needle Fabric
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: 164, 310, 469, 471, 472, 645, 728, 746, 813, 962, 987, 989, 3766, 3811, 3832, 3833, 3839, 3865, blanc, ecru
- DMC Dark Grey (6370) Memory Thread: 7” length, 18” length
- National Nonwovens Blended WoolFelt: Norwegian Blue, 4”x5-3/4”; Willow, 4-3/8”x6-1/8”
- Punch needle of choice, 3-strand, on low loop setting
- DMC embroidery scissors
- Interlocking hoop frame, 7” diamete
- Clear-drying water-based glue
flat brush, scissors, transfer paper
- 1. Size of design: 3-3/8”x5-1/8”; size of finished design: 4-3/8”x6-1/8”
- 1. Print out patterns. Transfer design onto center of punch needle fabric. Position fabric in hoop.
- 2. Following pattern, punch needle design using three strands floss working from inside of design outwards. Trim thread ends on front and back of design.
- 3. With design in hoop, use flat brush to coat back of design with clear glue. Let dry.
- 4. Remove design from hoop; trim around design leaving 1/8” border on all sides.
- 5. Measure and cut 4”x5-3/4” Norwegian Blue felt rectangle. Center design on felt rectangle and adhere into place with clear glue. Cut 18” Memory Thread length. Bend thread around outer edge of design; adhere in place using clear glue. Clip thread ends; let dry.
- 6. For hanger, cut 7” Memory Thread length. Measure and cut 4-3/8”x6-1/8” Willow felt rectangle. Bend Memory Thread length in half and adhere ends to top edges of Willow felt rectangle. Let dry.
- 7. Adhere Willow felt rectangle (with the hanger at top) to back of Norwegian Blue rectangle with punch needle design. Press gently together. Let dry completely before hanging.