Book of Magic Words
- Thick chipboard sheets or pre-made chipboard album
- Cardstock: cream, black
- Graphic 45 The Magic of Oz Collection 12”x12” Papers: Poppy Fields, Emerald City, Journey to Oz, Tenderhearted Tin Man, Yellow Brick Road, The Magic of Oz, Goblin Gazette, There is No Place Like Home, Scatterbrained Scarecrow, Parcel Post, Wicked, Munchkins
- Graphic 45 Staples Collection Embellishments: Metal Flowers, Buttons, and Brads; Chipboard Buttons; Trims
- Clear adhesive pearls
- Imaginarium Designs Chipboard: Clocks, Steampunk Clocks, Cogs, Corners, Words and Titles, Love Hearts, Flourish, Frame, Compass
- Assorted coordinating ribbons (for album binding)
- Computer and printer
- Dye ink pads: brown, black, light red (to match papers), dark gold, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Peeled Paint
- Embossing ink pad
- Pewter embossing powder
- Spray paint: black, cream
- Adhesives: red-liner tape, foam mounting tape, liquid glue, clear dots
paper trimmer, detail scissors, metal ruler, pencil, paintbrush, newspapers, craft knife and cutting mat, sponge daubers, paper piercer, heat tool
- 1. If creating own album, cut two 10-1/4”x8-1/4” covers from thick chipboard sheets. Cover both sides of front cover with Poppy Fields paper, cutting front piece slightly larger than chipboard and folding excess to inside. Cover both sides of back cover with Goblin Gazette, cutting back piece slightly larger.
- 2. From black cardstock, cut six 10”x8” and six 11”x8” album pages. Score each larger page at 10” from one short end. Apply paper adhesive to 1” tab and adhere a 10”x8” page to it, creating a 20”x8” double-page spread. Create six double pages.
- 3. Cut an 8-1/2”x7-3/4” Emerald City panel; adhere to center of cover.
- 4. Ink the following chipboard items black and let dry: large clock, small clock, four corners, two cogs. Adhere clocks, corners, and one cog to cover, trimming as needed. Ink three chipboard buttons brown; adhere to cover, placing one inside cog.
- 5. Ink large chipboard compass Peeled Paint; ink edges brown. Add four small metal brads around compass. Layer two metal flowers with second inked cog and metal button. Attach flower to compass with brad. Glue compass to cover.
- 6. Cover “Magic” title with embossing ink; heat emboss with pewter powder. Repeat at least twice more. Add eight small brads to title; glue title to cover.
- 7. Ink “Book of” light red and “Words” black; let dry and glue to cover.
- 8. Cut approximately twelve 2-1/2” lengths from assorted ribbons for binding; set aside.
- 1. Begin by covering each double page with patterned papers cut to 9-3/4”x7-3/4” and 11”x7-3/4”. Don’t score paper. Adhere larger piece first using a generous amount of red-liner tape. Adhere smaller piece in same way; do not overlap center fold. Fold double page in half to create center fold.
- 2. Embellish pages as indicated in online instructions.
- 1. Using red-liner tape, adhere back of each page to next page, starting tape about 1-1/2” out from spine edge. If tape is placed too close to spine, pages will not turn freely. Close page stack so you’re looking at the blank black top page.
- 1. Apply a vertical line of tape down top page, just in from spine. Start adding ribbon lengths one at a time, leaving a small gap between them. When spine is covered, turn book over and add tape to back edge, just in from spine. Gently pull ribbons around spine and adhere to tape on back of album.
- 2. Apply more tape over top of ribbons and all over page at front and back of album. Adhere covers to pages.