Shadow Flower Canvas
- Artist’s canvas, 5-3/4”x5-3/4”
- Royal & Langnickel Silver Engraving Art Foil
- Want2Scrap Gems: Finesse Swirls Black, Baby Bling Turquoise
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Dies: Wonderful Wings, Shadow Flowers, Accents and Motifs Ironwork Motifs
- Craft spatula
- White acrylic gesso
- Black acrylic paint
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Honey Dew Mist, Key Lime Pie, Patina, Caribbean Blue
- Tattered Angels Chandelier Glimmer Glam
- Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, paintbrush, sanding block, paper towels
- Using a craft spatula, apply a coat of gesso to front of canvas; let dry.
- Spray canvas with layers of Glimmer Mist, working from lightest color to darkest. Blot off some of the excess color and repeat until desired look is achieved. Let dry.
- Apply a light coat of Glimmer Glam to front of canvas; let dry.
- Paint outer edge of canvas black; dry brush inner edge black. Let dry.
- Die cut and emboss flowers, butterfly and butterfly shadow, and two ironwork motifs from silver foil. Lightly sand die cuts to reveal silver layer.
- Adhere die cuts to canvas with 3-in-1 Glue. Overlap two flower stems slightly. Adhere top layer of butterfly to shadow layer along center of body only; lift wings for dimension. Trim and adhere two motifs to opposite corners. Let glue dry completely.
- Add gems to canvas as shown.