Sisters' Vintage Purse Album
- FabScraps Hand Bag Album, 8”x8”x3”
- Heritage Collection 12”x12” Papers*: Heritage Small Floral (4 sheets), Heritage Script 2 (3), Heritage Script 3 (2), Heritage Roses (2)
- Die-Cut Embellishments*: “Life Story” Words, 2” Bird, 3” Lock, 2-1/4” Key
- Metal Embellishments*, three: Birthday, Baby Girl, Keyhole Plate
- Filigree Brass Shapes*, 12: Hearts, Flowers, Leaf Motifs
- Charms*, 12: Keys, Hearts, Butterflies, Leaf Motifs
- Plaid Wood Buttons*, 5/8” diameter, four
- Brown Half-Pearls*, .157” diameter, 10
- Flowers*: Silk, 2”-3” diameter, Gold (2) and Brown (4); Paper Roses, Light Pink (2) and Dark Pink (2)
- Ribbon: 1/8” pink, 1/8” mauve, 5/8” pink argyle-print
- Tan printer-weight paper, 8-1/2”x11”, several sheets
- Photos, sepia-tone or black-and-white
- Elmer’s CraftBond Black Photo Corners
- Memorabilia including old letters, postcards, telegrams, birth announcements, etc.
- *Products by FabScraps
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 9” Paper Trimmer, 12” Metal Ruler, 5” Precision Tip Scissors
- Design Master Spray Primer
- Design Master ColorTool Spray Color: Chocolate Brown, Antique Gold
- Quick Quotes Powder Puffs Amaretto Chalking Ink
- Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives: Repositionable Glue Stick, All-Purpose Glue Stick, Mini Thin Glue Spots, Medium Thin Glue Spots, Medium 3-D Pop-Up Glue Spots
- Gently remove purse handle from brackets. Lightly sand handle and brackets. Place purse in plastic bag; secure top of bag with painter’s tape so only brackets show beyond bag.
- In well-ventilated area, spray brackets and handle with two coats Primer; let dry overnight. Spray primed areas Antique Gold. Holding Chocolate Brown at a distance, lightly spatter paint pieces. Let dry completely.
- Spray and spatter paint desired chipboard and resin embellishments in same way as handle; let dry.
- Plan layout of album, thinking in terms of front, back, and two-page spreads. Keep chronology of story in mind when planning layout. (Note: To create more story-telling space, as shown on next page, see Step 9.
- Remove album pages. Decide placement of papers on pages first, then photos, then embellishments.
- For album cover, plan on one style of paper to cover front, flap, and back of album. Select a second style to cover top, bottom, and inside.
- Cut paper pieces to fit album cover and pages; adhere to album with All-Purpose Glue Stick. To make it easier to see where to punch holes in paper-covered pages, cover one side of chipboard page, punch hole, then cover other side and punch hole.
- Apply chalk ink on all edges of album and pages, including hinge areas, as well as edges of Life Story die cut. Distress top edges of purse with sandpaper; ink edges.
- For more story-telling space, tri-fold a sheet of copy paper widthwise to create an accordion-fold insert. Trim length to fit on album page, ink edges, and glue to page. To create a pull tab, cut and fold a 3” length of argyle ribbon in half and adhere to edge of paper with Glue Spots.
- Use photocopier set at 50% reduction to copy memorabilia onto tan paper. Trim to desired sizes and ink edges. Type or hand-write any helpful information onto tan paper; trim to size.
- Use repositionable glue stick to temporarily adhere photos and reduced items as you plan layout. Detail cut some photos; add black photo corners to others.
- Add embellishments to pages, allowing some to extend beyond edge of page. Cut
a 9” pink ribbon length and tie in a bow around heart charm before adding to front page.
- Position keyhole plate onto front purse flap, overlapping edge 1”. Remove and fill in area behind keyhole with black marker. Adhere plate with Glue Spots.
- Use computer to format “Sisters” to fit on metal embellishment. Print onto tan paper, trim to size, and adhere to metal with Glue Spots. Adhere to purse as shown.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to punch out and make paper roses; ink edges. Adhere paper roses and one silk flower to purse front with Glue Spots. Use Mini Glue Spots to adhere Life Story piece. Embellish purse with half-pearls.
- To embellish handle, string keys onto an 18” mauve ribbon length and tie into bow around handle. Position handle upright and adhere flowers against handle with 3D Glue Spots.
Sisters' Vintage Purse Album
Open View 2
Open View 3
Open View 4
Open View 5
Open View 6
Open View 7
Open View 8
Open View 9
Open View 10
Open View 11
Open View 12
Open View 13