A Way With White: COPIC Marker Tutorial
- Cardstock: Prism Stormy Dark, Imagination Int’l. X-Press It Blending Card, Stampin’ Up! Real Red
- October Afternoon Papers, 8”x8”: Report Card, Schoolhouse
- Sheer navy organdy ribbon
- White string
- My Favorite Things Stamps: à la modes Blue Without You, Pure Innocence Little Firecracker
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Dog Tag, Simply Scallops Small, Star Border
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E000, E11, E15, E18, R24, R59, Y11, Y15, Y17, Y19, B0000, C00, C1
- Sakura Pens: Glaze 3-D Clear, White Soufflé
- Prismacolor Brown Colored Pencil
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil
- Cut a 4”x5-1/4” blue star paper panel; adhere to card.
- Cut a 4”x2-3/8” red dot paper panel and a 4”x2-1/2” navy cardstock panel. Adhere layers together, leaving narrow blue border at top and bottom.
- Die cut two scallop borders from navy cardstock. Adhere first border behind bottom edge of red/navy panel; trim ends flush. Offset scallops of second strip and adhere behind bottom edge of first; trim ends flush. Adhere panel to card as shown.
- Stamp black image onto Blending Card; trim to 2-1/8”x3-3/4”. Color image with markers. See Figs. 1-3 to color pants.
- Using clear pen, dot buttons on pants. Dot shirt and bow with white pen; dots will at first appear clear but will dry opaque. Let dry completely.
- Add ground with brown colored pencil.
- Mat stamped image on navy cardstock; adhere to card.
- Die cut one dog tag from white cardstock; stamp black sentiment. Die cut short strip of star border from red cardstock; remove three tiny star cut-outs and adhere to tag.
- Tie ribbon into bow around card. Tie tag to bow with string; secure with foam dot.
- 1. Colors used to add shadows to white areas will depend on the project. Use light blues and cool grays for bright projects; try warm grays and even skin tones for warmer-hued projects.