Boho-Style Cranberry Dream Pearls
- Sterling silver wire, 26-gauge, 10” length
- Superflex soft-flex beading wire, fine: 30” length, 12” length
- Dark cranberry potato freshwater pearls, 13 (necklace), eight (bracelet), six (earrings)
- Pink blister pearls, 92 (necklace), 30 (bracelet)
- Pink nugget pearls: two (bracelet), six (earrings)
- Sterling silver findings: two 12mm toggle clasps, 10 4mm silver jump rings, two tube crimp beads, two 6mm fluted filigree bead caps, two fish hook ear wires, 10 1” headpins
- Filigree or Boho-style chandelier connectors, two 1x5
- Needle-nose pliers, round-nose pliers, wire cutters, bead crimper
- Beading mat or piece of felt
- 1. sizes: necklace, 14”; bracelet, 7”; earrings, 2”
- 1. Cut 30” beading wire length; fold in half evenly, making sure to not crease or bend center. Thread one crimp bead onto wire; pull down to bend in wire, creating loop large enough for jump ring.
- 2. Thread one fluted filigree bead cap and one cranberry pearl over both strands. Separate two strands; thread six blister pearls onto each strand.
- 3. Thread cranberry pearl over both strands; separate strands again and thread seven blister pearls onto each strand. Repeat this step four times.
- 4. Now thread six blister pearls onto each wire strand and cranberry pearl over both strands. Thread remaining fluted filigree bead cap over both strands and silver crimp tube. Pull beads tight, making sure there is no slack.
- 5. With round-nose pliers, take ends of two wire strands. Loop strands through silver crimp bead. Thread strands through until you have loop approximately 1mm in size. Hold strands firmly while crimping end with other hand.
- 6. Cut two 2” sterling silver wire lengths. Position needle-nose pliers 1/4” from one end; bend over in loop. Take tail of loop and wrap tightly around base of wire. Trim excess.
- 7. Thread one cranberry pearl, three blister pearls, and one cranberry pearl. Loop end of wire, wrapping tail and trim excess. Repeat for second piece of wire, creating two links.
- 8. Take remaining two 2” sterling silver wire lengths. Loop end like in above step. Thread one cranberry pearl and three blister pearls, looping and securing end. Repeat for second and last piece of wire; creating two links.
- 9. Connect one wire link to each piece of your toggle clasp using silver jump rings. (Note: It’s best to use both needle-nose and round-nose pliers to open jump rings.)
- 10. Using jump rings, connect one wire link to base strand of necklace. Connect one end to jump ring and other end to clasp.
- 1. Cut 12” beading wire length; fold in half evenly, making sure to not crease or bend center. Thread crimp bead onto wire; pull down to bend in wire, creating loop large enough for jump ring.
- 2. Thread two cranberry pearls over both strands. Separate strands; thread 15 blister pearls onto each strand. Thread two cranberry pearls and silver crimp bead over both strands. Loop strands back through crimp bead using pliers. Create 1mm loop before crimping and securing end. Trim excess wire.
- 3. Cut two 1” sterling silver wire lengths. Loop and wrap one end on each. Thread one cranberry pearl, one nugget pearl, and one cranberry pearl onto each piece. Loop and wrap ends, creating two links.
- 4. Using jump rings, connect one link to each end of bracelet base. Connect other end of link to toggle clasp.
- 1. Open bottom loop on ear wires; link one to each connector creating earring base.
- 2. Thread four silver headpins with one pink nugget each. Thread four silver headpins with one cranberry pearl each. Thread remaining silver headpins with one pink nugget and one cranberry pearl onto each. Using pliers, loop ends of each headpin. (Note: Make sure base of each loop touches top of each pearl.) Trim off excess wire. Open loop slightly to link to earring base.
- 3. Connect links onto earrings from left to right: one pink pearl nugget connector, one cranberry pearl connector, double pearl connector, cranberry pearl connector, pink nugget connector. Tighten loops on each pearl connector.
- 1. Small bowls are helpful in keeping beads and small items separate when constructing.
Boho-Style Cranberry Dream Pearls