- Medium-weight cotton fabrics, two coordinating prints: 1/4 yd. (outside of pouch), 1/4 yd. (lining)
- Fusible fleece, 1/4 yd.
- Ribbon, 5” length
- Sewing thread
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needle
- Turning tools or knitting needle
scissors, iron, ruler
- Cut two 7”x22” rectangles from different fabrics (for outside of pouch and lining). Cut one 7”x22” rectangle from fusible fleece (for padding).
- Fuse fleece to wrong side of outside pouch rectangle following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Fold 5” ribbon length in half. Sew ribbon ends, side-by-side, to front of outside pouch rectangle at center on one short side. (Note: Raw ends of ribbon should be even with edge of fabric rectangle. If ribbon has right and wrong side, right side of ribbon should be facing right side of fabric. Fabric edge with ribbon is bottom of flap).
- Sew outside of pouch to lining 1/4” from edges with right sides facing, leaving 3-1/2” opening for turning 7” down from flap edge on either of long sides. Trim seam allowance at corners.
- Turn pouch right side out through opening. Use turning tools or knitting needle to make corners square. Press finished pouch rectangle flat. Press raw edges at opening over 1/4” toward inside. Hand sew opening closed using whipstitch.
- To form pouch, fold bottom of finished rectangle up 8-3/4” with lining facing inside pouch. (Note: Flap will extend 3-5/8” at top of back side.) Sew 1/4” from side edges of pouch front on sides, beginning at top of pouch and sewing down both sides.
- Sew button to pouch front 4-1/4” from top edge on center. Knot thread ends inside pouch. Place e-reader inside pouch; fold flap over. Insert button through ribbon loop to close.