Best Friend Pet Frame
- Wooden photo frame
- AMACO ArtEmboss Metal: Aluminum
- Enamel paints, in colors of choice
pencil, paper, white copy paper, tracing paper, scissors, paintbrushes, mouse pad or soft surface, newspaper (to cover work surface), duct tape
- Draw shape of frame on sheet of white paper. Draw design to fit inside frame boundary. Trace design elements onto tracing paper.
- Position ArtEmboss metal face down on soft work surface like mouse pad. Draw shape of frame into metal using embossing tool from ArtEmboss package. Trace shapes inside frame boundaries. Press lightly and do not puncture metal. (Note: Words should be drawn as mirror image – flip the tracing paper over to draw them – so they appear correct on face of metal.)
- Remove tracing paper and emboss over lines to make sure metal is dented.
- Flip metal over and use balled-up white paper to gently rub around and close to raised edges on metal to make more defined. (Note: Do not flatten raised metal.)
- Cut out metal frame shape and affix on frame. (Note: If there are exposed metal edges on frame, cover with duct tape.)
- When glue is dry, paint flat areas of frame leaving raised areas unpainted.
- 1. Enamel paints work well for this project as they adhere to metal and have a slight gloss finish.