Painted Zoo Babies Wagon
- Romanoff Products child’s heavy plastic wagon, 3’
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels: Baby Pink, Black, Bright Orange, Burnt Sienna, Calypso Blue, Citron Green, Dark Chocolate, Dioxazine Purple, Flesh Tone, Foliage Green, Hauser Medium Green, Honey Brown, Indian Turquoise, Lavender, Royal Fuchsia, Saffron Yellow, Slate Grey, True Blue, White
- Loew-Cornell Soft Bristle Brushes: Flat Lustre Brush 3/4”; Round Series 9010 #5; La Corneille Golden Taklon Spotter/Liner 10/0
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels Medium
- Stylus, sponge daube
- Black graphite paper
tracing paper and pencil, palette, paper towels, water basin
- 1. Shading is done on left side of each area. Highlighting is done on right side of each area unless otherwise specified. Use appropriate-size brush for each area. When using Gloss Enamels, always do shading and highlighting with double-load technique. Gloss Enamels do not like water, so use medium manufactured by same company.
- 1. Print out patterns. Using pencil and tracing paper, trace all patterns. Using graphite and stylist, transfer patterns to all sides of wagon.
- 2. For monkey, paint head, ears, tail, and neck Honey Brown. Shade in Burnt Sienna and highlight in Flesh Tone. Let dry. Paint eyes White; dot Black pupils. Shade outside edges of White eye Slate Grey. Paint center of ears Flesh Tone. Paint nose area Flesh Tone; add two nostril openings, hair, eyebrows, and mouth details in Black. Let dry. Add White highlight to each nostril. Let dry.
- 3. For giraffe, paint upper 2/3 of head, top of ears, lower section of antlers, and narrow areas around spots Saffron Yellow. Shade Honey Brown and highlight in White, being sure to shade next to head on both sides. Paint nose area Flesh Tone; shade Honey Brown on top and left side and highlight White on right side. Paint inner ear Baby Pink; shade Royal Fuchsia and highlight White. Paint top circles on antlers Black. Paint eyes and two nostrils Black. Add highlight on those areas in White. Using Black, Dark Chocolate, and Honey Brown, randomly apply paint to mane and top hair to achieve mixture of colors. Paint fern stem Foliage Green and each leaf Foliage Green. Shade leaves Hauser Medium Green and highlight Citron Green. Use round dauber to apply Baby Pink cheeks. Let dry.
- 4. For snake, paint head and every other stripe Saffron Yellow. Shade Honey Brown and highlight White. Shade between upper and lower “lip” Honey Brown. Paint two stripes Bright orange; shade Burnt Orange and highlight Saffron Yellow. Paint remaining stripes Indian Turquoise (shade Calypso Blue, highlight White) and Lavender (shade Dioxazine Purple, highlight White). Paint eyes White; shade around outside of eyes Honey Brown. Using end of liner brush, add Black dots for pupils. Add eyebrows, eyelashes, nostrils, and tongue Black.
- 5. For lettering, paint letters as follows, highlight all letters White: first “B” and “T” Saffron, shade Honey Brown; “A” and second “Y” Bright Orange, shade Burnt Sienna; second “B” and “O” Calypso Blue, shade True Blue; second “Y” and “S” Citron Green, shade Foliage Green. Let dry. Using stylus, randomly add dots in triangle on each letter using color of choice.
- 6. For border, measure and paint 2” section along top Dioxazine Purple. Let dry. Using stylus, randomly apply dots in Saffron Yellow, Baby Pink, Bright Orange, Indian Turquoise, and Citron Green.
- 7. To finish, use dauber to randomly apply dots on all sides of wagon (except on border) in Saffron Yellow, Bright Orange, Calypso Blue, and Citron Green. Let dry.
- 8. Allow enamel paints to dry/cure at least two weeks before “playing” with wagon.