Distressed Mosaic Clock
- Diamond Tech Antiquity Mosaics Clock Kit
- Wooden candle cups, two 1-1/2”
- Jute twine, 36” length
- Plaid Acrylic Paints: Apple Barrel: Country Tan; FolkArt: Licorice
- Clear acrylic sealer
- Tea bags
- Wood glue
plastic bowl and spoon, safety glasses, paper towels, newspaper, tape, sandpaper, disposable gloves
- 1. Before beginning, read the instructions contained within the Antiquity Mosaics Clock Kit. Each kit contains detailed instructions and online how-to video.
- 1. Complete the mosaic following instructions in kit. On covered work surface, lightly paint inside and outside surfaces with Country Tan. Let dry.
- 2. In plastic bowl, soak jute twine in water with tea bags. Let sit for one hour. Let dry.
- 3. Apply light coat of Black Licorice on surfaces. Let dry. Apply light coat Country Tan on surfaces. Let dry.
- 4. Paint wooden candle cups (feet) with two coats Country Tan. Let dry.
- 5. Cover mosaic design with paper towels or newspaper. Spray clock surfaces with clear acrylic sealer.
- 6. Cut dyed jute twine into six 6” lengths. Coil each end into spiral shape; spot glue spirals. Glue two spirals along each flat edge of clock. Let dry. Glue wooden feet onto bottom of clock. Let dry.
- 1. Lightly sand surfaces of clock, removing some tan and black paint for aged look.