Earthy Stepping Stones
- AMACO Crea-Stone, 3 lb. box (to make two stones)
- Assorted mosaic tiles, stones, and glass beads
- Disposable protective gloves
- Disposable container
- Recycled square cardboard box
- Spring form cake pan, 9”
measuring cup or container, large zip-lock bag, craft stick, soft cloth
- Wearing protective gloves, measure out required amount of Crea-Stone. Mix Crea-Stone and water to 1-1/2 lb. weight for one stone in disposable container following manufacturer’s instructions.
- For flower, pour 3/4 of wet mix into square cardboard box; press down on box top to create even surface. For circle, pour wet mix into cake pan; press down on top to create even surface.
- For flower, form petal shapes from remaining Crea-Stone and position on flower. Indent rounded shape for flower center. Use craft stick to make indentations and add flower leaves.
- For circle, press two large stones into surface for flower centers. Add six groupings of glass beads around centers for flower petals. Press mosaic tiles below flowers for stems. (Note: Add a little water around beads as you press into surface so wet mix rises up and holds beads in place.) Let stones set overnight to dry.
- Remove cardboard box and release spring from cake pan. Let stones completely dry. Use soft cloth to polish glass beads to remove dust.