Katie the Kitty & Danny the Dog
- Recycled cereal boxes
- Construction paper, 9”x12”: yellow, pink, brown, red
- Cardstock, 9”x12”: yellow, yellow-orange, orange
- Brown craft foam sheet, 9”x12”
- Felt, 9”x12”: white, red, brown, hot pink, black
- Wiggle eyes, two (for each)
- Scribbles 3-D Paint: red, white, black
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Glue stick
scissors, pencil, black marker
- For both the cat and the dog mailboxes, cover each cereal box completely with yellow construction paper (cat) and brown construction paper (dog). Adhere using glue stick.
- Print out pattern. Cut patterns as indicated.
- Glue pattern pieces on mailboxes using photo as guide. Glue wiggle eyes on faces. Let dry.
- For collars, cut red (dog) or pink (cat) paper strip same-size as length of cereal box and about 1-1/2”-wide. Glue collar on box using glue stick.
- Use black marker to add smile and whiskers on cat face. Use black paint pen to add smile on white muzzle on dog. Let dry. Use white or red paint pen to add x’s and o’s on collars. Let dry.
- Carefully cut slit on top of each mailbox.