Caterpillar Storage Tube
- White men's tube sock
- Small recycled Pringles cans, three
- Papers, three different prints (to cover cans)
- Tulip Cool Color Spray: Lime, Lemon Peel
- Pom-poms: three large orange, six small orange, three small lime green, two very small black, two medium metallic yellow
- Black pom-pom fringe, 1-1/2 yds.
- Yellow rickrack, 1-1/2 yds.
- Felt scraps: yellow, orange
- Lime green chenille stem, 4” length
- Wiggle eyes, two
- White cord, 18” length
- Polyester batting
- Green craft thread, 10” length
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
ruler, scissors, plastic tablecloth or trash bag (to cover work surface), safety pin
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth or trash bag. Position sock flat and spray with Lemon Peel. Clean work surface. Turn sock over and spray with Lime. Let dry.
- Stuff toe of sock (head) with polyester batting. Wrap and knot green thread around sock (to make head).
- Glue wiggle eyes onto head. Glue small orange pom-poms (spots) onto sides of head and black pom-poms (nostrils) above mouth (stitched toe seam).
- For eyelids, cut 1-1/2” circles from yellow and orange felt. Cut felt circles in half. Glue yellow halves onto orange halves, leaving orange felt showing along straight edge. Glue eyelids above eyes.
- For antennae, thread chenille stem in and out of sock above eyes. Glue yellow pom-poms onto ends. Let dry.
- Glue black pom-pom fringe onto sides of caterpillar. Glue rickrack onto flat area of fringe.
- For storage cans, cut paper rectangles to fit around cans. Glue papers to cans and let dry.
- Place cans in sock, leaving even spaces between cans. Glue large orange pom-poms onto sock at center top of each can. Glue lime pom-poms onto orange pom-poms.
- Make several small cuts around open end of sock, just below top edge. Attach safety pin to one end of white cord and weave cord through holes, forming casing. Pull both ends of cord to close casing; tie into bow.