Frankie the Frog
- Recycled square tissue box
- Construction paper: light green, dark green, lime green, white, black, red
- Circle punches: 3/8”, 5/8”, 1”
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, black marker
- Print out pattern. Cut patterns from construction paper.
- Cover tissue box, including hole on top, with light green paper. Trace mouth pattern on front of box, about 1-1/4” from top. Stick point of scissors into middle of tracing and cut out mouth from box. Outline white throat and top of mouth with marker and glue throat below cut-out mouth. Glue heart in mouth as tongue.
- Punch two 1” white paper circles and two 5/8” black paper circles. Glue circles together for eyes. Glue eyes on large green circles. Cut third green circle in half and glue on eyes (for eyelids). Outline green eyes and eyelids with marker. Glue eyes to box extending over top as shown.
- Fold leg circles on fold lines as indicated on pattern. Glue small ends on sides of box. Glue feet on lower corners of box.
- Punch several 5/8” and 3/8” circles from lime and dark green paper. Glue circles on cheeks, legs, and eyelid.
- 1. If making mailbox with younger children or full class, replace open mouth with black paper mouth and don’t cover opening on top of box. Cards may be placed in top opening instead of mouth.