Mosaic Sun Table & Pots
- Round wooden table, 14”x24”
- Terra cotta pots: 3”, 5”, 7”
- Sandstones Textural Acrylics: Blue Shale, Amethyst, Lt. Brown, Neutral Beige, Burgundy, Navy Blue (DecoArt)
- Patio Paint: Daisy Cream, Marigold, Sunflower Yellow, Clear Coat, Hydrangea Blue (DecoArt)
- Triple Thick Acrylic Spray Varnish (DecoArt)
- Plastic sheet protectors
- Thick craft glue
- Americana #8 shader (DecoArt)
- Palette knife
- To prepare Sandstones, use palette knife to spread each color onto separate sheet protectors. For sun colors, mix equal parts Burgundy and Lt. Brown for rays, and three Tbsp. Marigold paint and one jar Neutral Beige for center. Let dry.
- Basecoat tabletop Daisy Cream, legs and rings Hydrangea Blue, and stand Sunflower Yellow and Marigold. For pots, basecoat 7”: rim Sunflower Yellow, bottom Daisy Cream, inside Clear Coat; 5”: rim Sunflower Yellow, bottom Hydrangea Blue, inside Clear Coat; 3”: rim and inside Amethyst Sandstone, bottom mix of Marigold and Neutral Beige Sandstone.
- Transfer patterns to table top and 7” pot.
- For mosaic pieces, use scissors to cut four 3/4” strips from golden mix, Blue Shale, and Navy Blue sheets; cut into 1” squares. Cut remaining sheets into random pieces.
- Brush glue onto surfaces. Leaving 1/16” space between, position random pieces on sun center and rays, filling in with blue pieces on table top and pot. Glue alternating squares around table edge and on 5” pot rim.