Checkbook Cover Series - St. Patrick's Day
- Cupboard Distributing: Clear Checkbook Cover (11-1231), Checkbook Cover Insert (11-1245), Photo Pen (18-00510), 1" Square Bead (01-B808), Gold Bead Pin (11-J614), Cell Phone Cord Gold (11-J615), Olive Copic Marker (18-007983)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Black Green, Dark Pine, Foliage Green, Limeade
- Assorted green glass beads
- Assorted rhinestones
- Loew-Cornell Golden Taklon Brushes: Series 7550 Wash 3/4"; Series 7500 Filbert #4; Series 7000 Round #5; Series 7050 Script Liner 18/0; Series 7330 Curved Flat #10; Series 7400 Angle 1/4"
- Bo Bunny Fawna Scroll Rub-Ons (RBF833)
- Staz-On Black Ink Pad
- Acrylic scroll stamp or rub-on
- Cupboard Distributing: Gray Paint Palette (28-11626), Transfer Paper, Tracing Paper, Brush Bin, Double-Ended Stylus
- DecoArt: Multi-Purpose Sealer, Americana Matte Varnish
- Aleene’s Super Tacky Glue
pencil, paper towels, ruler, scissors, cardstock, sandpaper, tack cloth
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for proper product usage.
- 2. Print out patterns. Transfer pattern onto tracing paper. Lightly transfer main pattern lines using transfer paper and stylus.
St. Patrick's Day Checkbook
- 1. For checkbook design: load curved flat with Limeade and slip-slap “x” strokes on center front of cover insert. Reload brush with Foliage Green and slip-slap around edges of Limeade center. Clean brush and load with Dark Pine; slip-slap edge of insert. When dry, scrub Black Green around outer edge of cover. Repeat background prep for both front and back of cover.
- 2. Basecoat shamrock Dark Pine using filbert. Shade shamrock Foliage Green along tips and left sides of leaves. Brighten highlights with Limeade.
- 3. Line scrollwork Lamp Black using script liner. (Or use acrylic stamp with black inkpad to create scrollwork or follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply rub-on transfer.)
- 4. Separate pen components and remove paper insert. Transfer checkbook cover insert onto pen insert. Slip-slap Limeade stripe across center of insert. Apply Foliage Green on each side of Limeade and Pine Green on edges. Float Black Green on each end of insert. Paint shamrocks Dark Pine using filbert and script liner. Follow instructions above to paint scroll designs.
- 5. Seal square bead (cell phone charm) with multi-purpose sealer. When dry, lightly sand and wipe with tack cloth. Slip-slap center Limeade using filbert. Add Foliage Green around center and Dark Pine around edges. Shade around outer edge and paint sides and back Black Green. Basecoat shamrock Dark Pine using filbert. Highlight shamrock tips Foliage Green. Follow instructions above to paint scroll designs.
- 1. Spray checkbook covers and pen inserts with several coats matte spray sealer and apply satin varnish on cell phone charms. Glue rhinestones onto cover or assemble beads onto bead pins. Use Olive marker to add color to clear rhinestones.