Winter Wonderland Snowflakes
- FIMO Effect Translucent Clay (Staedtler): White
- Glass flat back crystals
- Conventional or toaster oven
- Clay blade or craft knife
- Clay-dedicated pasta machine or acrylic brayer
- Flat baking tray
- Smooth work surface
- Craft sticks
- Plastic page protectors
- Print out pattern. Place snowflake template under a sheet of glass. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay. Roll 1/8”-wide clay logs. Place logs onto sheet of glass, following shape of template underneath. Overlap pieces as shown. Use craft knife to trim ends as needed.
- Place plastic page protector or any sheet of film over snowflake on sheet of glass and gently roll over it to join snowflake pieces together.
- Press crystals into snowflake. (Note: Do not use plastic crystals since they will melt in the oven.)
- Place sheet of glass with decorated snowflake(s) in 230°F oven for 30 minutes. Do not remove until completely cooled.