- Country yarn (75% Microdenier acrylic, 25% Merino wool; 3 oz./85g, 185 yds./170m): Green Sheen, 3.5 oz./99g
- Naturally yarn (for embroidery), several yards
- Double-pointed needles (dpns): U.S. size gauge; U.S. size 6 (5mm)
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holder
- Cable needle (cn)
- Yarn needle
- White sewing thread
- Beading needle or dental floss threader
- Beads, 80
- *Products by Caron International
- 1. In Stockinette stitch, using U.S. size 7 (4.5mm) needles, 22 sts and 28 rows = 4”/10 cm
- 1. C8B: Slip first 4 sts to cn and hold in back, knit next 5 sts, knit 4 sts from cn.
- 2. M1: Make 1 stitch in thread between 2 stitches (an increase)
- 3. Bead: P2 sts, slide bead into position, p2.
- 1. K1, p1 rib
- 2. Stockinette stitch (St st)
- 1. For each wristlet, thread 30 beads onto yarn before starting project. These beads will be moved into place when the pattern indicates “bead”.
- 2. The beads are worked every 6 rounds and the cables is every 14 rounds.
- 3. The thumb is worked in Stockinette stitch.
- 1. With larger dpns, CO 44 Sts; divide evenly on 3 dpns..
- 2. Change to smaller dpns. Join and mark beg of rnd. Work in k1, p1 rib for 1-1/2” (approx 9 rnds), inc 4 sts evenly spaced across last rnd—48 sts.
- 3. Change to larger dpns and beg patt:
- 4. Rnd 1: P2, pm (place marker), *k8, pm, p4; rep from * around, end last rep p2.
- 5. Rnd 2 and all even rnds: Knit the knit sts, purl the purl sts slipping markers
- 6. Rnd 3 (Cable and Bead rnd): P2, *C8B, (p2, place bead, p2); rep from * around, end last rep p2, place bead.
- 7. Rnds 5 and 7: Knit the knit sts, purl the purl sts.
- 8. Rnds 9 and 15 (Bead rnd): P2, *k8, (p2, place bead, p2); rep from * around, end last rep p2, place bead.
- 9. Rnds 11 and 13: Knit the knit sts, purl the purl sts.
- 10. Rnd 17 (Cable rnd): P2, *C8B, p4; rep from * around, end last rep p2.
- 11. Rnds 19 and 23: Knit the knit sts, purl the purl sts.
- 12. Rnd 21 (Bead rnd): Rep Rnd 9.
- 13. Beg thumb and work gusset as foll:
- 14. Rnd 25: P2, k8, p4, k8, p2, pm, M1, pm, p2, k8, p4, k8, p2.
- 15. Rnds 26-39: Inc 1 st before and after each marker on every other rnd until there are 15 sts for thumb (working these sts in St st); At the same time, continue in est patt working Rnds 27, 33, 39 as Bead rnds, Rnd 31 as a Cable rnd.
- 16. Rnd 40: Knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts placing the 15 thumb sts on holder.
- 17. Rnds 41 and 43: Knit the knit sts, purl the purl sts.
- 18. Rnd 45 (Cable and Bead rnd): Rep Rnd 3 closing the opening for the thumb.
- 19. Change to smaller dpns. Work in k1, p1 rib for 4 rnds. BO in rib.
- 1. Using smaller dpns, pick up 15 thumb sts from holder. Work in k1, p1 rib for 4 rnds. BO in rib.
- 1. Work as for First Wristlet, reversing for thumb placement.
- 1. Using yarn needle, weave in ends. Close thumb.
- 1. Embroider flowers as pictured, then sew beads in center of flowers using sewing thread.