Seaside Cottage Cabinet
- Reclaimed dark wooden cabinet with doors, 11"x16"
- Basswood strips, 1/4"x3"
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Dark Chocolate; Snow White; Spa Blue; Silver Metallic
- Antiquity Patterned Paper (Graphic 45)
- Assorted crystals, beach glass, sea shells, pearls and other items of choice
- Furniture tacks, four
- French Script Background Rubber Stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Black StazOn Ink Pad (Tsukineko)
- Foam paintbrush
- Sanding block
- Tack cloth
- Hand saw
- Drill with 1/32" bit
- Aleene's: Original Tacky Glue; Paper Glaze; Liquid Fusion
- Cut two 8" lengths from basswood strip. Sand edges and surface. If needed, clean cabinet surface, lightly sand and wipe dust.
- Basecoat cabinet Spa Blue. Use one coat to let some dark wood show through. (Note: If using cabinet with a lighter wood, basecoat with two coats of Dark Chocolate first.) Dry brush cabinet Lamp White, then Dark Chocolate. Use smaller paintbrush to randomly dry brush surface of cabinet with Silver. Let dry. Paint basswood strips Spa Blue. If cabinet has small drawers, remove drawers and repeat steps separately.
- When strips are dry, use ink to stamp entire surface with French Script Background. Print out pattern. Trace pattern on wrong side and right side of patterned paper; cut out. Use Paper Glaze to decoupage seahorses to basswood strips.
- Drill two holes each in bottom and top center of basswood pieces. Lay cabinet on backside and glue basswood pieces to cabinet doors. Use hammer to lightly tap furniture tacks into drilled holes.
- When basswood pieces are secure, lay cabinet up and arrange assorted shells, glass and stones in a pleasing pattern on top of cabinet. Use Liquid Fusion to secure pieces in place.
More Seaside Cottage Inspiration
- 1. Use your stamps, paints and leftover supplies to give the other reclaimed items a fresh beach chic look, including:
- 2. Galvanized Flowerpot Tins
- 3. Trays
- 4. Framed Art
- 5. Plaques/Signs
- 6. Candle Wraps
- 7. Clocks
- 8. Wooden Storage Crates
- 9. Canning Jars
- 10. Wooden Buoys
- 11. Wooden Oars (for wall art)
- 12. Lampshades
- 13. Bathroom Accessories