Seaside Cottage Table Accessories
- Dark brown cotton placemat
- Wooden items: Beveled-edge napkin rings (Darice), 1-1/4"; Wooden circles, 1", six per napkin ring
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Spa Blue; Snow White; Dark Chocolate
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements Bicone, 6mm: Aquamarine; Crystal
- Tiny shells
- Fabric/wool scraps: light turquoise muslin; white wool felt
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Dark Coffee Brown (801); Ecru
- Assorted tiny shell and sea life rubber stamps
- Black pigment ink pad
- Wax candle
- Lite Steam-a-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Needles: sewing; embroidery
- Iron and pressing board
- Sanding block
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- Straight pins
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse turquoise fabric and wool felt to fusible webbing. Cut five 2" squares from fused fabric. Print out pattern. Cut sea shells from wool felt.
- 2. Fuse five fabric squares to right edge of placemat, spaced evenly. Fuse shells to squares as shown.
- 3. Use three strands of Ecru floss to blanket stitch edges of shells, and three strands of Dark Coffee Brown floss to blanket stitch of fabric squares.
- 1. Lightly sand and paint napkin rings Dark Chocolate. When dry, randomly rub wax candle over surface. Paint napkin rings Spa Blue. Lightly sand to reveal distressed finish. Paint wooden circles Snow White.
- 2. Stamp motifs in center of circles. Lie ring on side and glue circles to center ring, spacing evenly. Glue stones and shells randomly to spaces between circles on ring, working one area at a time before turning.
More Seaside Cottage Inspiration
- 1. Use your stamps, paints and leftover supplies to give the other reclaimed items a fresh beach chic look, including:
- 2. Galvanized Flowerpot Tins
- 3. Trays
- 4. Framed Art
- 5. Plaques/Signs
- 6. Candle Wraps
- 7. Clocks
- 8. Wooden Storage Crates
- 9. Canning Jars
- 10. Wooden Buoys
- 11. Wooden Oars (for wall art)
- 12. Lampshades
- 13. Bathroom Accessories