Freezin' Season Door Crown
- Wooden door crown (Paintpuddlesdesigns.com), 3/4"-thick, 9”x24"
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Paint: Antique White, Black Plum, Burnt Orange, Buttermilk, Calypso Blue, Deep Midnight Blue, Graphite, Hauser Medium Green, Lamp Black, Light Buttermilk, Marigold, Mink Tan, Plantation Pine, Rookwood Red, Santa Red, Sapphire, Shale Green, Soft Black, Spa Blue, Tangelo Orange, Titanium White, Traditional Burnt Umber, True Red
- Dynasty Black Gold Brushes: Series 206: Shader #4, 8, 10; Flat Wash 3/4"; Script 10/0; Angular 1/4", 3/8"; Series 400 Decorator Mini Mop
- DecoArt: Snow Tex, Matte Finishing Spray
- Speckle brush
white transfer paper, stylus
- Basecoat surface Sapphire. Paint squares around outer edge of surface using #10 flat. Float/shade along edge of squares Deep Midnight Blue.
- Print out pattern. Transfer design onto surface.
- Lightly speckle background surface first Light Buttermilk and then with Titanium White focusing on bottom snow line.
- Basecoat snowman Buttermilk, snowman's nose Burnt Orange, snowman's hat Shale Green, and hat band and scarf Light Buttermilk. Float/shade bottom edge of snowman, under body section, under scarf, under hat, and under nose Mink Tan. Highlight above scarf, front edge of face, front edges of body sections, and along bottom edge of middle body section Titanium White. Drybrush body sections Titanium White. Transfer eyes, eyebrows, and buttons onto snowman.
- Float/shade bottom edge of nose Traditional Burnt Umber. Drybrush top edge of nose Tangelo Orange and then Marigold. Line sections on top of nose Traditional Burnt Umber.
- Basecoat buttons Graphite. Float/shade bottom of buttons Lamp Black. Highlight top edge of buttons Titanium White. Float/shade around outside of buttons Mink Tan.
- Basecoat eyes Lamp Black. Line under eyes, eyelashes, and eyebrows Lamp Black. Float/shade left side of eyes Titanium White. Dot eyes Titanium White.
- Float/shade hat, along center of hat band, top edge of hat band, and center edge of scarf Plantation Pine. Highlight hat, top edge of scarf, above center crease of hat band, bottom edge of hat band, above center crease of scarf, and bottom edge of scarf Titanium White. Line stripes on hat band and scarf Plantation Pine. Line some hairs on hat band, scarf, and bobble on hat Titanium White. Line fringe on scarf ends Plantation Pine.
- Transfer stars onto hat and snowman. Basecoat stars Marigold, Spa Blue, Rookwood Red, and Shale Green. Float/shade bottom edges of stars Tangelo Orange, Calypso Blue, Black Plum, and Plantation Pine. Highlight top edges of stars and drybrush centers Titanium White. Dot Marigold star with Tangelo Orange. Line Rookwood Red and Shale Green stars with Titanium White. Outline stars Lamp Black. Line string from stars Lamp Black.
- Basecoat twig arms Soft Black. Shade top edges Mink Tan. Line pine needles Plantation Pine and Shale Green.
- Basecoat birds first Hauser Medium Green and then with Santa Red. Float/shade birds Black Plum. Highlight birds True Red. Drybrush body, head, wings, and tails Titanium White. Line feathers on heads Santa Red with touch of Black Plum.
- Transfer beaks, eyes, and eyebrows onto birds. Basecoat beaks Marigold. Float/shade bottom edge of beaks Tangelo Orange. Highlight top of beaks Titanium White. Dot eyes and line eyebrows Lamp Black.
- Line nest Traditional Burnt Umber, Antique White, Marigold, and Mink Tan.
- Basecoat lettering Spa Blue. Float/shade left side of lettering Calypso Blue and right side of lettering Titanium White. Dot top of lettering and line string Lamp Black.
- Paint remaining stars following directions of stars on snowman.
- Float/shade around outside of all design elements Deep Midnight Blue. Dab Snow Tex around base of snowman, on top of stars, and on top of twig arms. Let dry.
- When completely dry, spray project with Matte Finishing Spray.
- 1. The birds are painted with Hauser Medium Green first and then Santa Red. This is so you will not have to use as many coats of red to fill in birds.