Baby Snowman Stocking
- White fleece, 5”x10”
- Striped teal fleece, 12” square
- Teal minky, 7”x15”
- Pink heart fleece, 12”x18”
- Pink striped fleece, 2”x6”
- Pink felt, 2” square
- Buttons: pink: 3/4”, three; 3/8”, two; teal, 5/8”
- Snowflake brad, 1/2”
- Snowflake ornament, 4”
- Black beads, 8mm, two
- Embroidery floss, 1 yd.: white; pink; black
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Needle felt pen tool
- Crystal glitter glue
- Circle templates: 1/4”; 1/2”
- Sewing needle and matching thread
- Embroidery needle
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Optional: Sewing machine and matching thread
- Print out pattern. Cut one stocking from pink fleece, reverse pattern and cut second stocking. Cut one toe of stocking from teal fleece. Cut one 1-1/2” by 6” hanger piece from pink striped fleece.
- Align and pin striped toe to front of stocking. Use perle cotton to embroider cross stitch across top of toe.
- Right sides together sew stocking pieces leaving top open. Clip curves and turn. Stuff stocking lightly.
- Fold minky cuff strip in half right sides together. Sew long seam. Turn. Center seam line.
- Begin at center back of stocking. Overlap minky cuff matching seam line to top of stocking. Glue cuff around top of stocking. Glue cuff ends to each other.
- Sew a small pink button to a teal button to a large pink button.
- Glue stacked buttons to center of snowflake. Glue snowflake to center of stocking.
- Sew floss through three large buttons. Glue buttons to stocking cuff.
- Fold in edges of hanger piece 1/2”. Glue. Fold in half and glue short ends together. Glue ends to inside top of stocking.
- Apply glitter to all buttons. Set stocking aside to dry.
- Cut two four-inch circles from white fleece. Cut hat from striped fleece using pattern diagram. Cut two 1/2” circles from pink felt for cheeks.
- Cut off 1/4 of four inch circles for bottom of head. Right sides together sew circles together leaving open where cut off. Turn.
- Stuff head. Glue bottom opening shut.
- Anchor black floss at back of head and take needle through to front of face for eye. Insert bead, take floss through to front of head. Pull stitches tight to indent eye. Repeat for second eye. Secure floss at back.
- Anchor pink floss at back of head and take through to front of head centering below eyes. Make one 1/2” angled stitch to the left. Repeat step making an angled stitch to the right. Secure floss at back.
- Glue pompom nose and cheeks in place on face.
- Fold hat in half right sides together. Sew long seam. Turn.
- Fold open end under 1” and repeat folding under 1-1/4”.
- Glue large pink pompom to end. Insert snowflake brad into top of hat. Glue on pink button.
- Stretch hat slightly to fit on head. Glue.
- Insert head into top of stocking and glue in place.