- GHOSTLY NECKLACE:
- Sculpey Oven Bake Polymer Clay*: White; Yellow; Orange; Granny Smith Green; Brown; Black
- Seed beads: black, 10/0; white and lime, 6/0
- BAT NECKLACE:
- Sculpey Oven Bake Polymer Clay*: Black; Silver; Purple
- CRYSTALLIZED Elements (Swarovski) Purple Velvet beads, 4mm, 10
- Clear matte finish seed beads, 10/0
- Studio by Sculpey Acrylic Glossy Glaze*
- Sculpey Clay Conditioner or Acrylic Brayer*
- Tiger tail jewelry wire
- Silver lobster clasp
- Craft knife
- Wire or skewer (to make holes in clay)
- Wax paper
- Baking sheet
- Tools: pliers; wire cutters
- *Products by Polyform Products
- Print out pattern. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay.
- 1. For ghost bead, roll clay to 1/4” thickness. Place pattern on clay and use craft knife to cut out ghost; round and smooth edges. Press black seed bead eyes or roll two tiny Black clay balls and press onto face. Use wire or tool to poke hole through side of head. Place ghost on baking sheet.
- 2. For pumpkin beads, roll four small, thumbnail-sized balls from Orange clay. Use craft knife to make lines in sides of each ball. For stems, make four very small balls from Brown clay. Roll little balls into cylinders. Use craft knife to make lines in stems for texture. Attach stems to tops of pumpkins. For leaves, roll eight small balls from green clay, then shape each into leaves. Place them on wax paper and use craft knife to make vein lines. Attach leaves to pumpkins. For vines, roll out very thin, fine snakes and cut four 1/2”-long pieces. Twirl them into vines and attach to pumpkins. Push wire or tool through stem and entire pumpkin, making sure hole is large enough to accommodate jewelry wire.
- 3. For candy corn beads, roll out 6”-long White (top), Yellow (middle) and Orange (bottom) snakes. Push snakes together and run them though clay conditioner on thickest setting. Each time clay goes through machine, fold it back up toward itself and put it through again, making sure you keep all colors lines up so they do not blend. When snakes are joined together, fold sheet in half again lining up colors. Cut out four triangular-shaped candy corns with White on top. After cut, smooth edges and round corners. Use wire or tool to poke hole from top white point to bottom of candy corn.
- 4. Bake beads in oven at 275°F for 15 minutes. When cool, apply acrylic glaze for added shine.
- 5. To make necklace, cut 22” to 23” length from tiger tail jewelry wire. For focal point, string ghost bead onto wire. On either side of ghost, string six black seed beads, one green larger seed bead six seed beads, candy corn bead. Repeat seed bead pattern, change larger green seed bead to a white one. Add pumpkin bead. Continue beading pattern on either side of ghost until there are two candy corn beads on each side and two pumpkins. (Note: Do not let beads slide off wire.) After last pumpkin on either side, continue six black seed beads and one larger seed bead pattern until necklace is desired length.
- 6. Slide crimp bead onto wire and one side of clasp. Feed wire back through crimp and several beads. Use pliers to crimp bead closed. Push all beads down and repeat on opposite end of clasp. Trim excess wire.
- 1. For bat bead, Mix equal parts Black and Silver clay. Mix together small ball of each approximately thumbnail size. Condition clay balls together until the are blended to make a sparkly Graphite color. Roll clay to 1/4” thickness. Place pattern on clay and use craft knife to cut out bat. Round edges so they are smooth and curved. Use end of paintbrush to make some depressions in wings to give bat a more life-like appearance. For eyes, roll two tiny balls from purple clay and press into face. Use wire or tool to poke hole through side of bat’s head. Make sure hole is large enough to accommodate jewelry wire.
- 2. Bake bat bead at 275°F for 15 minutes. When cool, apply acrylic glaze for added shine.
- 3. To make necklace, cut 17” length from jewelry wire. For focal point, string bat bead onto wire. On either side of bat, string eight black seed beads and one purple crystal, eight black seed beads and clear matte finish bead. Continue this pattern on both sides of bat until five sets are completed. After last set, string 12 black seed beads on either end to finish. Follow same finishing instructions as ghost necklace.