Berry Sweet Baby Blanket
- Country (Caron) (75% Microdenier Acrylic/25% Merino Wool; 3 oz/85g, 185 yds/170m skein): Berry Frappe (A), 6 oz.; Ocean Spray (B), 6 oz.; Naturally (C), 6 oz. (NaturallyCaron.com)
- Crochet hook, size US I-9 (5.5mm), or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- FPdc: >Front-post double crochet-
Yarn over, insert hook from front to back and then to front again around post of stitch, yarn
over and draw up loop, complete as
- FPdc: >Note: FPdc are worked around the stitch 2 rows below (not around the next stitch in the row immediately below, into which you would usually work), skip the stitch behind the FPdc.
- 1. In pattern, 15 dc and 7 rows = 4"/10cm. Gauge is not critical for this project.
- 1. Work 2 rows with A, *2 rows with B, 2 rows with C, 2 rows with A; repeat from * as needed.
- 1. To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over; yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Proceed with new color. Do not fasten off old color. Carry colors not in use up side of work. Take care to cover carried strands when working the Round 1 of the edging.
- 1. With A, ch 98.
- 2. Row 1 (RS): With A, dc in 3rd ch from hook (beginning ch counts as first dc), dc in each remaining ch across, turn-97 dc.
- 3. Row 2: Ch 2, dc in each st across; change to B in last st, turn.
- 4. Row 3: With B, ch 2, dc in next st, *FPdc around next st 2 rows below, dc in next 3 sts; repeat from * across to last 3 sts, FPdc around next st, dc in last 2 sts, turn.
- 5. Row 4: Ch 2, dc in each st across; change to C in last, turn.
- 6. Row 5: With C, ch 2, *dc in next 3 sts, FPdc around next st 2 rows below; repeat from * across to last 4 sts, dc in last 4 sts.
- 7. Row 6: Ch 2, dc in each st across; change to A in last, turn.
- 8. Repeat Rows 3-6 and continue to change colors as in Color Sequence, until piece measures approximately 30"/76cm from beginning; end with 2 rows worked with A. Fasten off.
- 1. With RS facing, join B with sl st in any corner.
- 2. Round 1 (RS): Ch 1, sc evenly around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off B.
- 3. Round 2: With RS facing, join A with sc in any st, ch 6, sk next 3 sts, sc in next st; draw up a long loop, drop loop from hook; working behind ch-6 just made, join C with sc in 2nd skipped st, ch 6, sk next 3 sts, sc in next st, draw up a long loop, drop loop from hook; *take hook behind ch-6 just made, pick up dropped A loop and tighten loop on hook, ch-6, sk next 3 sts, sc in next st, draw up a long loop, drop loop from hook; take hook behind ch-6 just made, pick up dropped C loop and tighten loop on hook, ch-6, sk next 3 sts, sc in next st, draw up a long loop, drop loop from hook; repeat from * around; join last ch-6 of each color with sl st in first sc of same color. Fasten off.
- 1. Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
Berry Sweet Baby Blanket