Spring Blossoms and Bunnies Pillow
- Cotton prints: pale green, 14” squares, two; lavender floral print scraps (for small flower and inner ear), lavender gingham scrap (for cheek).
- Wool felt: white (for bunny, bunny tail, and flower center); green scraps (for leaves).
- Cotton embroidery floss (DMC®): Blanc (white), Lavender (#208), Green (#3052).
- Lavender buttons, 1/4”, two.
- Lavender polka dotted ribbon, 1/8”-wide, 10” length.
- Lavender rosebud, 3/4”.
- Lavender silk ribbon flowers, 3/4”, three.
- Pillow form, 14” square (or fiberfill stuffing).
- HeatnBond® Lite lightweight paper-backed fusible web (Therm O Web).
- Disappearing marking pen.
- Quilter’s basting spray.
- Sewing machine and matching thread.
- Needles: sewing, embroidery.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Print out pattern. Follow “Wall Hanging” instructions to make a bunny block on pale green square. (Note: Reverse direction of bunny if desired.)
- Stitch lavender flowers on pillow front as shown.
- With right sides facing, pin 14” squares together. Sew around pillow edges in 1/4” seams, leaving opening at bottom to insert pillow form. Clip corners and turn right side out.
- Insert pillow form; stitch opening closed. Quick Tip: If using pillow form, add small amounts of fiberfill to fill out and add firmness to corners.
- 1. Use two strands embroidery floss for all stitches unless otherwise noted.
- 2. Dotted lines on patterns indicate overlap of fabric pieces; use lines as guide when basting fabric motifs.
- 3. To save time, machine stitch felt and fabric appliqués using a zigzag or decorative stitch instead of hand embroidery.