Birds of a Feather Card & Brooch
- Cardstock (Stampin' Up!®): Riding Hood Red; Kiwi Kiss; Chocolate Chip; Basic Black.
- Watercolor paper.
- Origins Collection papers (BasicGrey): Sea Salt; Henna.
- Antique gold metal findings: fancy jewelry bezel (Scarlet Lime Bead Art); Tim Holtz™ idea-ology swivel chain (Stampers Anonymous); pin back.
- Bronze mini screw-head brad.
- Stamp sets (Artistic Outpost): Birds of a Feather; Generation Redux.
- Ink pads: Soft Suede pigment (Stampin' Up!®); Archival™ Jet Black, Tim Holtz™ Distress Inks™ in Barn Red and Crushed Olive (Ranger®).
- Blush pink marker.
- Tim Holtz™ Ink Blending Tool (Ranger®).
- Foam sponge or dauber.
- Sizzix® Bigz Tim Holtz® Alterations Caged Bird die (Ellison®).
- Sizzix® Cheetah embossing folder (Ellison®).
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ die-cutting system (Ellison®).
- Stamp-A-Ma-Jig stamp positioner (EK Success).
- Paper distressing tool.
- Paper piercer (for inserting brad).
- Eclipse Masking Tape (JudiKins).
- Adhesive dots: foam; clear mini; metal glue.
- Ice Resin® Crystal Clear Resin (Ice Resin)
- 1. Make red side-fold card. Cut Sea Salt paper 1/4” smaller all around; use ink blending tool to add touches of Soft Suede ink to paper for aged look. Mat paper on black cardstock; adhere to card front.
- 2. Die cut bird cage from Henna paper; slightly distress edges. Die cut bird from green cardstock and perch from brown cardstock. Emboss bird and perch pieces with embossing folder. Highlight embossed areas with Soft Suede ink.
- 3. Insert mini brad for bird's eye. Adhere bird and perch to patterned paper on angle; do not adhere wing. Fasten swivel chain to top of birdcage and adhere cage over shapes. Adhere wing, allowing it to rest on cage bars.
- 4. Stamp black sentiment on card front. Adhere chain to background above sentiment using mini adhesive dots.
- 5. Stamp Jet Black girls image onto watercolor paper; mask girls with Eclipse tape. Stamp Generation Redux funky dots over masked girls to create background. Remove mask and trim to desired size.
- 6. Watercolor images using Distress Inks™ and waterbrush. Color faces and hands with blush marker. Use foam blending tool to ink remaining areas Soft Suede.
- 7. Mat stamped panel on black cardstock; distress cardstock edges. Adhere panel to card with foam dots.
- 1. Stamp Jet Black girls image on water color paper; color in same way as card. Trace bezel opening onto scrap card stock to use as pattern; cut out image.
- 2. Adhere image to bezel with dab of Ice Resin. Once in place, fill bezel with resin following manufacturer's instructions. Let dry. Adhere pin back with metal glue.
Birds of a Feather Card
Birds of a Feather Brooch