- Recycled potato chip canisters
- White plastic funnels, 4-1/2" to 6", two
- Black/white patterned papers
- Black swirl die-cut papers
- Cardstock: black; white scrap
- Metal duct tape
- Dowel, 1/4"
- Small floral bird
- Fleur de lis chipboard or die cut
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Snow White; Lamp Black
- Clear or white pearl self-adhesive gems
- Black brads, two
- Black wire
- Tiny alphabet rubber stamps
- Black pigment ink pad
- Marvy Punching and Embossing Bookplate Punch (Uchida)
- Circle cutter
- Craft knife
- Heavy-duty hole punch
- Scroll saw
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- Zip-Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Liquid Laminate (Beacon Adhesives)
- Use saw to cut 4" length from dowel. Paint dowel, floral bird and chipboard shape Lamp Black. When dry, dry brush shape and bird Snow White.
- Remove lid from canister and cut 3" from top with scissors. Use paper trimmer to cut paper to fit width and length of canister and glue to secure. Trace a 1-3/4" circle on front of canister and use craft knife to cut hole. Punch small hole for dowel with end of scissors, making hole small enough so dowel fits snugly.
- Wrap duct tape in 3" sections around funnel until all white areas are covered. Cut sections of die cut paper to fit between funnel sections and use Liquid LaminateTM to decoupage in place. For funnel with patterned paper, make a template for sections by lying funnel against surface of wrong side of patterned paper and trace with pencil. Cut out sections and decoupage to funnel.
- Insert dowel into punched hole and remove. Apply glue to end and reinsert into hole. Cut 2" circles with a 1-3/4" opening in center and adhere to opening on can to hide rough edges with paper adhesive. Adhere gems around opening and edge of one funnel as shown. Punch bookplate from black cardstock; insert brads into holes. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock and cut to fit bookplate opening. Glue bookplate or fleur de lis to front of canister.
- Punch holes in funnel edges. Cut 14" lengths from wire and thread through holes for hanger, coiling inside ends to secure. Use wire to attach bird to dowel. Glue funnel to top of canister, making sure glue does not drip on paper.