- Glass canning jar, 7” tall
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls: 1”; 1-1/2”; 2”
- Felt: black, 1/8 yd.; pink, 8” square; blue, scrap
- Snow-Tex (DecoArt)
- FolkArt Acrylic Paints (Plaid): Black; Napthol Crimson; Pumpkin
- Twinklets Diamond Dust (FloraCraft)
- Spanish moss, small amount
- Miniature items: broom; red bird
- Black straight pins, three
- Cosmetic blush
- Hold the Foam! Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Round toothpicks
- Flat paintbrush, 1/2”
- Gently press 2” ball to decrease size so it fits jar opening.
- Use toothpicks and glue to adhere all balls together.
- Use flat brush to apply a thin even layer of Snow-Tex to balls. Let dry.
- Print out pattern. Trace coat pattern on fold of pink felt. Machine sew along traced line. Trim 1/8” beyond stitched line. Cut down center front of coat and 1/4” at each side of neckline. Place coat on snowman.
- Roll two squares of black felt into an arm shape. Tuck one arm into each coat sleeve of snowman. Glue coat and arms to snowman.
- For hat, cut 1”x6” strip from black felt. Roll and glue felt into cylinder shape. Trace and cut quarter-size circle from black felt. Glue circle to bottom of cylinder. Glue small piece of black felt to cover top of hat and trim edges even. Glue hat to snowman’s head.
- For nose, paint one 1/4” end of round toothpick Pumpkin. Let dry. Cut and insert painted toothpick into snowman’s face.
- Insert small broom in snowman’s arm.
- For scarf, cut thin strip from blue felt and tie around snowman’s neck.
- Glue a small amount of Spanish moss into snowman’s arm, and red bird onto moss.
- Apply cosmetic blush to cheeks.
- For buttons, insert black straight pins into front of snowman.
- Apply more Snow-Tex to top of hat and broom. Let dry.
- Remove jar lid. Glue snowman to inside jar lid. Let dry.
- Fill jar with 1/4 amount of Diamond Dust. Replace lid. Shake jar for a snowy effect.