Muffin Tin Bird Decor
- Reclaimed muffin tin
- Wooden appliqués (Ornamental Moldings), 6” long
- Woodsies (Forster): Circles: Medium six; Large, three; Ovals: six; Eggs, three: 1-1/2”; 2”; 2-1/2”
- Wooden blocks, 1/2”, five
- Vintage bird images (Note: Designer used images from a thrift shop book)
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Warm White; Blue Chiffon; Sage Green; Indian Turquoise; Bleached Sand; Antique White; Espresso
- Copper excelsior
- Home Basics Copper items (Canvas Corp.): screw; wire, 18” length
- Vintage script patterned paper
- Rubber stamps: Spotted Egg (Komodo); tiny alphabet
- Black pigment ink pad
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Circle cutter
- Liquid Laminate (Beacon Adhesives)
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- Tools: Sanding block; drill and 1/32” drill bit; screwdriver
- Wax candle
- Basecoat muffin tin Warm White. When dry, lightly sand surface to reveal some metal. Apply several coats of varnish. Paint ovals, circles and appliqué Espresso. Set circles aside and rub surface of appliqué and ovals with wax candle. Paint appliqué and ovals Blue Chiffon. When 75% dry, lightly sand surface to reveal distressed surface. Paint one large egg each Bleached Sand, Blue Chiffon and Indian Turquoise. Paint one small egg each Antique White, Sage Green and Blue Chiffon.
- Use circle cutter to cut six 1-1/2” bird image circles. Dècoupage circles to medium wood circles. Cut three 2” circles from patterned paper; decoupage to large wooden circles. Glue three bird images wooden circles to three large circles.
- Stamp spotted eggs on wooden eggs. Stamp bird names on ovals.
- Cut a small handful from excelsior and tie in a bundle. Repeat for six bundles. Apply a generous amount of glue inside six muffin cups and adhere bundles to cups. Glue eggs to center of bundles, using photo as guide. In remaining six cups, glue small block to bottom of cup, and bird circles to top of block. Glue ovals for egg types below cups with eggs and appliqué to top of tin. Lie muffin tin flat on work surface until dry.
- Drill hole in center of appliqué and tin; screw appliqué to tin. Drill two holes for wire in sides of tin. Thread wire through holes for hanger.
- 1. Instead of birds, create muffin tin décor using botanical, insect or animal themes.
- 2. Decorate muffin tins with family photos.
Muffin Tin Bird Decor