- Reclaimed wooden heart plaques
- Recycled or purchased chipboard (Note: Designer used chipboard saved from purchased folded garments)
- Patterned papers: red/cream botanical; flocked butterfly; black/beige polka dot
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Lamp Black; Snow White
- Plastic Coated Wire (Toner): Licorice
- White floral rub-ons (Basic Grey)
- Jump ring, 5mm
- Antique filigree metal embellishments
- Self-adhesive acrylic gems
- Flat back crystals, 6mm
- Encouragement Expressions rubber stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Black pigment ink pad
- Sizzix (Ellison): Big Shot Die Cut Machine; Bigz Dies Tim Holtz Alterations Hardware Findings
- Coluzzle Cutting System and Circle and Oval Template (or circle and oval templates)
- Small hole punch
- Foam brush
- Sanding block
- Wax candle
- Drill with 1/32” bit
- Wire cutters
- Chain-nose pliers
- Aleene’s (iLoveToCreate): Original Tacky Glue; Paper Glaze
- Lightly sand wooden hearts and wipe dust. Paint heart Lamp Black.
- Cut two 3-1/4” circles or ovals from chipboard. Cut a 2-3/4” circle or oval from one center each to create frame. Die cut key motifs and keyhole. Paint frames Snow White, and keyhole, keys, circle and oval Lamp Black. Lightly rub surface of chipboard pieces with wax candle. Paint circle and oval Lamp Black, and remaining chipboard pieces Snow White. Lightly sand pieces to reveal distressed finish.
- Stamp expressions in circle or oval center. Layer together with circle or oval frame; glue. Apply rub-ons to edges of frame. Glue filigree piece to chipboard and crystal to center of filigree. Punch hole in top of key. Use chain-nose pliers to open jump ring and insert into hole in key. Attach remaining end of jump ring to filigree to attach key and close ring.
- Use pencil to trace heart shape on wrong side of patterned paper. For patchwork heart, trace parts of heart with pencil and cut out. Follow Paper Glaze manufacturer’s instructions to dècoupage papers to hearts.
- When dry, glue frame piece with key to center of heart, and key hole embellishment to heart as desired. Adhere gems and pearls to edges of patchwork and paper edges. Drill holes in sides of hearts. Cut 8” wire lengths. Insert wire ends into holes and use pliers to coil ends to secure.