So Tweet Pail Trio
- Galvanized Three-Pot Tin Planter with Tray (www.factorydirect.com)
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Light Buttermilk; Burnt Umber; Black; Honey Brown; Lavender; Purple Cow; Hauser Light Green; Bahama Blue; Sea Breeze; Calypso Blue; Marigold; White
- Multi-Purpose Sealer (DecoArt)
- Paintbrush handle or stylus (for dots)
- Assorted paintbrushes
- Black fine-tip permanent marker
- Print out pattern. Transfer patterns to pots.
- Paint tray sides with several coats of Light Buttermilk. Paint background circle on each circle with several coats of Light Buttermilk.
- Transfer patterns to pails.
- For standing bird, shade around main pattern lines with Honey Brown. Paint bird Bahama Blue with Calypso Blue shading under wing. Legs and beak are Marigold. Eye is White with Black dip dot. Outline with thinned Black and a liner brush.
- For birdhouse, shade around main pattern
lines with Honey Brown. Birdhouse is Purple Cow with Lavender shading along side and under roof’s overhang. Rooftop, perch and bird hole are Burnt
Umber. Outline with thinned Black and
a liner brush.
- For bird in nest, outline main pattern lines with Honey Brown. Paint nest with cross-hatching lines of Burnt Umber. Add Honey Brown lines. Paint bird Sea Breeze with Calypso Blue shading under wing. Bead is Marigold. Eye is White with Black dip dot. Outline with thinned Black and a liner brush. Musical note is Black.
- Using liner and thinned Burnt Umber,
outline circles on each pail with vines.
Repeat for front panel of tray. Add Light Hauser Green leaves randomly with a #3 round brush.