Celebrate Summer Invitation
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Mystic Dark; Natural Smooth
- Papers: Wild Asparagus Collection Friends Forever (My Mind’s Eye); All American Collection Blue Bandana (Creative Imaginations)
- Chipboard flower (BasicGrey)
- Red button
- White crocheted trim (Making Memories)
- White string
- Who’s That Girl Let’s Picnic stamp set (My Favorite Things)
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad (Tsukineko)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Sanding block
- Detail scissors
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, 1/4”; foam dots
- Optional: Scoring board
- Make side-fold blue card base. Cut 4”x5-1/4” floral paper piece.
- Cut 1-3/8”x12” gingham paper strip. Score at 1”, then at each 1/2” interval. Apply double-sided tape along one long edge of strip and accordion fold strip to end, pushing pleats toward left so they lay flat. Adhere to bottom edge of floral paper piece.
- Cut two thin, 6-1/4”-long bandana paper strips; adhere across top and center of pleated strip, wrapping ends to back. Adhere trim along paper strips as shown. Adhere floral/gingham panel to card.
- Stamp sentiment onto natural cardstock, trim and mat on blue cardstock. Adhere over thin strip.
- Stamp girl image onto natural cardstock; trim leaving narrow border. Mat on blue cardstock.
- Stamp girl image twice onto natural cardstock. On one image, color arms, neck and legs/feet. On second image, color bottle label, cheese board, grapes/platter and basket. Stamp grapes only onto a separate scrap of natural cardstock; color. Cut out colored pieces from each piece of cardstock; set aside.
- Stamp “blanket” portion of image onto gingham paper; cut out. Stamp dress and wine bottle onto blue side of patterned paper; cut out.
- To assemble main image panel, adhere blanket to matted natural image. Adhere neck, background arm and picnic basket to panel, allowing basket to extend slightly past border. Adhere legs/feet, followed by dress and foreground arm, tucking grape platter into hand. Adhere cut-out grapes over grapes on platter. Adhere cheese board and wine bottle to panel; adhere label to bottle.
- Trace chipboard flower onto blue side of patterned paper, cut out and adhere to chipboard; sand excess paper at edges. Tie string though button hole and adhere to flower center; adhere flower to panel.
- Using foam adhesive dots, mat stamped panel on gingham paper and blue cardstock. Adhere layered panel to card front as shown, using foam dots to “level” upper portion of panel.
- 1. Get more for your money! Stamp sets often offer a choice of several sentiments so you can create more than just one-event invitations. See them all at www.mftstamps.com.
- 2. Paper piecing is another fun technique for colorizing stamped images, and it ties your whole theme together in a hurry. Simply stamp a design on plain cardstock, then again on a variety of patterned papers.
- 3. Pleated paper creates wonderful dimension on the picnic invitation.