Fabulous Flaps Card Pair
- Cardstock: White (Wausau); Brocade, Guacamole, Spring Breeze, Turquoise Mist (Bazzill Basics)
- Small white button
- Stamps (Penny Black): Robust Lowercase Alphabet; Viva Diva (frog); Sentiments (#30-025) (containing concentric circles and “birthday” clear stamps); Feel Better; Pointille
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): Bamboo Leaves, Tuxedo Black Memento dye; VersaMark watermark
- Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder (Ranger)
- Gold Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls pigment (Ranger)
- Markers: Red, Clear, Gold and Silver Atyou Spica Pens (Imagination International); COPIC Sketch markers (W2 and Y19) (Imagination International); Tombow in Process Yellow (055), Chartreuse (133), Willow Green (173), Sea Blue (373), Carnation (761), Crimson (847) and Chrome Yellow (985) (Tombow USA); Red, Black Glaze Pens (Sakura)
- Stickles Frosted Lace glitter glue (Ranger)
- Nestabilities Small Classic Scallop Rectangles dies (Spellbinders) and die-cutting system
- Heat tool
- Soft paintbrush
- Craft knife, metal ruler and cutting mat
- Punches: hole, 1/4”; Apron String Border (Fiskars); Small Flower (EK Success Ltd.)
- Scotch Brand Foam Tape (3M)
4U Feel Better Soon
- 1. Make side-fold white card base. Cut 2-3/8”x2-3/4” white cardstock panel; set aside.
- 2. Cut 4-1/8” Spring Breeze cardstock square; stamp concentric circles and edge square with Bamboo Leaves ink.
- 3. Cut 1”x4-1/8” Brocade strip; punch one edge with border punch.
- 4. Lightly “scruff” border with Bamboo Leaves ink pad. Randomly pounce border with gold acrylic paint to create patina effect. Adhere to back left edge of green square. Adhere square centered to card so border extends beyond fold at left.
- 5. Open card and place face up on cutting mat. Using craft knife and metal ruler, cut diagonally from top left corner to bottom right corner through all layers of card front. Adhere resulting triangle to top right corner inside card.
- 6. Stamp black frog on white panel cut in Step 1. Using photos as guide, color frog with Tombow markers, crown with Gold Spica pen, and gems with Red Spica pen. Highlight frog’s eyes with Silver Spica pen. Add shadow beneath frog with W2 marker.
- 7. Cut 2-1/2”x2-7/8” Turquoise Mist piece and 2-5/8”x3” Brocade piece; double mat stamped panel as shown. Adhere bottom left half of stamped panel to card front only.
- 8. Using watermark ink, stamp “u” on separate piece of Brocade cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Detail cut letter and scruff with gold paint. Mount to front flap with foam tape so top of letter extends above flap.
- 9. Punch two tiny Turquoise Mist flowers and edge with Sea Blue marker. Use hole punch to punch Spring Breeze circle and handwrite “4” in the center with Crimson marker. Adhere circle to one flower center and flower to letter. Accent flowers with Clear Spica pen; set one aside. Use Black Glaze pen to dot remaining corners of stamped panel; dot gems in crown with Red Glaze pen. Let dry.
- 10. Stamp black sentiment on white cardstock; trim to 1-3/8”x1-7/8”. Cut 1-1/2”x2” Turquoise Mist mat; adhere layers. Die cut 1-3/4”x2-1/4” scalloped rectangle from Brocade cardstock; adhere layers to inside of card so sentiment panel will “hide behind” front panel.
- 11. Color button with Y19 marker and Gold Spica pen. Adhere button to center of remaining punched flower. Adhere to upper right corner of sentiment panel.
- 1. Cut 4-1/4”x7-1/2” white cardstock piece. Score cardstock 2-1/2” from one short end to create top flap; finished card should measure 4-1/4”x5” with top fold. In addition, cut 2-1/4”x2-3/4” white panel; set aside.
- 2. Stamp Bamboo Leaves dots on Turquoise Mist cardstock; trim to 2-1/4”x4”. Cut 2-3/8”x4-1/8” Brocade mat; adhere layers together and to front flap, leaving narrow white border all around.
- 3. Stamp black frog on white panel cut in Step 1. Using photos as guide, color frog with Tombow markers and crown with Gold Spica pen. Highlight frog’s eyes with Silver Spica pen. Add shadow beneath frog with W2 marker.
- 4. Cut 2-3/8”x2-7/8” Brocade mat; adhere layers together and to front flap so bottom edge of stamped panel extends below edge. Use Black Glaze pen to dot corners of stamped panel. Highlight crown gems with glitter glue; let dry.
- 5. Cut 2-3/4”x4-1/8” Guacamole panel and adhere inside card, leaving narrow white border visible at sides and bottom. Cut 1/4”x2-3/4” Brocade strip; adhere to top edge of green panel.
- 6. Using watermark ink, stamp letters for “happy” on separate piece of Brocade cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Detail cut letters and randomly dust with pigment powder and soft brush. Adhere letters to bottom portion of card.
- 7. Stamp “birthday!” with black ink on white cardstock; trim to 1/2”x1-3/8”. Mat on 5/8”x1-1/2” Turquoise Mist panel and 3/4”x1-5/8” Brocade panel. Center and adhere matted sentiment across horizontal Brocade strip inside card so it will “hide behind” front panel.
- 1. Crisp folds ensure these unique flaps will stay closed; we recommend using a bone folder to burnish creases.
- 2. Large alpha stamps help you create the look of chipboard embellishments in a hurry; stamp with watermark ink and clear emboss for shine and substance before cutting with detail scissors.
- 3. Create several cards, all with different flap styles and sentiments but using the same image, and present in a pretty window gift box tied with ribbon.
4U Feel Better Soon Card
Happy Birthday Card