Chic Floral Frame
- Studio by Sculpey oven bake clay*: Coffee Bean
- Rouge Parlor Petal Flowers (Prima Marketing)
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Sand; Burnt Umber
- Dazzling Metallics Paint (DecoArt) Champagne Gold
- Wooden multi-photo frame (available at discount and dollar stores)
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Sugar Cream
- Rubber Stamp (Impression Obsession): Sheet Music
- Fluid Chalk Ink (Clearsnap): Chestnut Roan
- Acrylic Roller*, 8”
- Super Slicer with Comfort Handles*
- Texture Makers*: Swirls & Scrolls
- Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Small water bottle
- Clear ruler
- Smooth clay-dedicated tile
- Sandpaper: medium-grit; fine-grit
- *Products by Polyform Products
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to condition clay. Roll clay to 1/8” thickness. Use Super Slicer to cut clay into 1-1/8” strips. Lay strips onto front of wood frame. Use fingers to press seams together.
- Use water bottle to lightly mist Texture Maker, press onto surface of clay. Remove, mist again, and press onto surface of clay. Repeat until entire surface is textured. Bake clay on frame in 275°F oven for ten minutes; let cool.
- Glue down any loose edges. Paint top and sides of frame Sand. Distress top of clay surface with medium-grit sandpaper, and edges with fine-grit sandpaper.
- Accentuate distressing by rubbing corners and edges with Burnt Umber paint. Highlight high spots on front of frame with Champagne Gold.
- Use Chestnut Roan ink to stamp Sheet Music on 3” square of Sugar Cream cardstock. Embellish with Parlor Flower and green ribbon, and place in bottom left frame opening. Create two leaves from green ribbon loops. Glue flowers and ribbon leaves to middle right of frame. Insert photos.
Chic Floral Frame